GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Never leave your peas (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/198922-never-leave-your-peas.html)

Baz[_3_] 19-07-2011 05:01 PM

Never leave your peas

We went away for a few days.
Before we left the peas were just 'nice'.
We got home today and they are 'cannonballs' and the plants are yellowing.

Plenty of seeds for next year?

They are "Hurst Greenshaft" about 10 (I just podded 4 and got 39)peas per
pod. I know they aren't an early, but what can I do with them now they are
matured?

Baz

David Rance[_3_] 19-07-2011 08:35 PM

Never leave your peas

"Baz" wrote in message ...

We went away for a few days.
Before we left the peas were just 'nice'.
We got home today and they are 'cannonballs' and the plants are yellowing.

Plenty of seeds for next year?

They are "Hurst Greenshaft" about 10 (I just podded 4 and got 39)peas per
pod. I know they aren't an early, but what can I do with them now they are
matured?

Pease pudding?

--
David Rance writing from Le Mesnil Villement, Calvados, France
http://www.rance.org.uk

Mike Lyle[_1_] 19-07-2011 09:44 PM

Never leave your peas

On Tue, 19 Jul 2011 20:35:25 +0100, "David Rance"
wrote:

"Baz" wrote in message ...

We went away for a few days.
Before we left the peas were just 'nice'.
We got home today and they are 'cannonballs' and the plants are yellowing.

Plenty of seeds for next year?

They are "Hurst Greenshaft" about 10 (I just podded 4 and got 39)peas per
pod. I know they aren't an early, but what can I do with them now they are
matured?

Pease pudding?

When they're really ripe enough to save for seed, you can also use
them for the fashionable and delicious pea shoots. Seed tray, inch of
compost, seeds about a quarter of an inch apart, press down, put in
carrier bag, park somewhere convenient and light. Takes about three
weeks; there should be a second cut, too. Good fun for children.

--
Mike.

harry 20-07-2011 05:32 PM

Never leave your peas

On Jul 19, 5:01*pm, Baz wrote:
We went away for a few days.
Before we left the peas were just 'nice'.
We got home today and they are 'cannonballs' and the plants are yellowing..

Plenty of seeds for next year?

They are "Hurst Greenshaft" about 10 (I just podded 4 and got 39)peas per
pod. I know they aren't an early, but what can I do with them now they are
matured?

Baz

My peas are just coming to fruition.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ara-chl...in/photostream