Old 07-08-2011, 11:58 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default How bad is bad?

On Sun, 07 Aug 2011 09:53:19 GMT, Baz wrote:

Sacha wrote in :

It's at times like this that one wishes for a mad, bad and
dangerous-to-know Cousin Giuseppe! But if the police know who this is
and he's continuing to violate others' property, too with luck he'll
be caught. However, that won't solve your financial issues,
unfortunately. People like that should be made to pay up out of
wages, social security payments, or by the sale of their own property,
wherever possible. In his case, he'd probably be beggared! This tiny
village was shaken to its core a few weeks ago when someone ripped a
For Sale sign up, stove in the windscreen of a car and chucked the
sign in a hedge. The owner of the car is in his late seventies,
terribly polite and kind, local verger and has worked on the land all
his life. He loves his car dearly and almost any time you pass his
house, he's out there, dusting it off or polishing it. It was a
mindless piece of utter nastiness by someone who has the brains of a
louse.

I wonder why they picked on an old man?
Because the chances of being caught are remote and even so, this poor old
man would have been a pushover.
Its bloody disgusting.

Yet again OH informs me (while writing)that others have had a bad night
too!
One person left the car door open and the drivers seat is smeared with you
know what.and the steering wheel so the driver could not see it.

This is so sick its not real.

baz

Really sorry to hear all this Baz. Hope it gets sorted soon. Did your
neighbours also offend the same man? It somehow seems odd that he
should return so quickly and damage your cars. I'd have thought that
even a real idiot would realise that they'd be the first to be
suspected.

Cheers
Jake
Gardening at the dry end (east) of Swansea Bay
in between reading anything by JRR Tolkien.

www.rivendell.org.uk
Old 07-08-2011, 12:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Moonraker wrote in :

I often see (as everyone must) anti-social behaviour, but being a devout
coward I say nothing. If you admonish someone for litter dropping you
will at least get a mouthful of verbal abuse, perhaps worse. I don't
think it worth it. Which is why it is so prevalent I suspect.

NO NO
Some scroat who is now in custody shat through an innocent persons
letterbox.

How much more information is needed?

Baz
Old 07-08-2011, 12:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Moonraker wrote:
I often see (as everyone must) anti-social behaviour, but being a devout
coward I say nothing. If you admonish someone for litter dropping you
will at least get a mouthful of verbal abuse, perhaps worse. I don't
think it worth it. Which is why it is so prevalent I suspect.

I know where you're coming from, and I'm mostly the same, but sometimes I
snap, and every time I have I've had little or no comeback from it. And of
course, once I've gone far enough to snap, I'm perfectgly capable of
handling anyone who wants to give a mouthful!
Last week I was getting changed from swimming with my 2 boys, and there were
a bunch of mouthy swearing shouty kids on the other side of the changing
rooms. After the 3rd lot of hoping they would stop, I banged on the
separating wall at them and shouted at them to please stop with the language
as there were small children around. No more swearing.

Old 07-08-2011, 12:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Moonraker" wrote in message
On 07/08/2011 10:30, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Sun, 07 Aug 2011 08:45:50 GMT, Baz wrote:

There is a neighbour across the road who has a CCTV and the police are
investigating now, but the vehicle is stolen sadly.

Bother, forget about the revenge. B-(

This individual is known to the police by description, and his method.
Thats all the police will say.

The Police usually do know the local "no goods" very well, trouble is
getting enough evidence to make a case stick to the scum.

With the bodywork damage it is almost certain both cars will be written
off.

For insurance purposes. As this is only cosmetic damage you could buy
the cars from the insurance company if they write them off and get
the damage repaired (or do it yourself). *A lot* less hassle than
having to find two replacement cars at short notice, or dashing out
to get a couple of £500 "good runners" to tide you over until you
find the cars you want.

While I have been writing this the insurance company have allocated us
courtsey cars and to wait for confirmation of the details. So its
wheels back on. Can it be so easy?

Well you may have to wait until the hire car co opens on Monday. If
the cars are going in for body work with the insurers approved place
the body shop will provide the courtsey car.

I wonder how this is going to affect our policies, money wise next
renewal.

I've had "protected no claims" for years so not up to speed on the
current rules. It used to be you got a 10 to 15% discount for each
year without a claim up to around 5 years. If you made a claim you
lost one of those years and the associated discount. As I say I don't
know if that is still how it works. Shopping around for car insurance
each year is normally worth while, compared to just blindly accepting
their renewal offer.

Again while writing, a neighbour has had "foul" put through his
letterbox last night or early this morning. Disgusting. The police are
taking this more seriously now.

Human or animal? I hope they sample it and run DNA test, they might
be able to get a link between him (or his pet) and at least that.

I often see (as everyone must) anti-social behaviour, but being a devout
coward I say nothing. If you admonish someone for litter dropping you will
at least get a mouthful of verbal abuse, perhaps worse. I don't think it
worth it. Which is why it is so prevalent I suspect.

It's not about being a coward, it's about going about it the right way, not
confronting them as Baz did, but take the details and give the police
something to do other than sit there waiting for the motorists to break the
speed limit and adopt a gung ho, or following last night's riots which seem
to follow on from plod's 'GUN HO' attitude.

Mike

Old 07-08-2011, 12:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Jake Nospam@invalid wrote in
:

Really sorry to hear all this Baz. Hope it gets sorted soon. Did your
neighbours also offend the same man? It somehow seems odd that he
should return so quickly and damage your cars. I'd have thought that
even a real idiot would realise that they'd be the first to be
suspected.

Cheers
Jake
Gardening at the dry end (east) of Swansea Bay
in between reading anything by JRR Tolkien.

www.rivendell.org.uk

Yes my neighbours offended the same man by refusing to accept his bullying
tactics, and they, well some, got shit put through their letterbox.
It seems to me that you disbelieve me?
A real idiot, your words, not mine would.

I hope its clear now.
Baz

Old 07-08-2011, 12:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 07/08/2011 11:30, Baz wrote:
"Dave wrote in
ll.co.uk:

On Sun, 7 Aug 2011 08:23:47 +0100, Mike wrote:

6.30 this morning we were going out for the day. No chance. 8

slashed
tyres and DEEP scratches to the bodywork of our cars.

Well at least you should be able to report it to the Police and they
might be able to use the information against him *if* they ever
manage to get a case that will stick. Unforunantely your case won't
"I woz in me 'van asleep wiv' the missus".

Report it and get a crime number and contact your insurance co. Then
keep a (short) sharp knife with you and if you ever see his pickup
you know what to do... Or even a box of matches. Fold one in half,
take off the valve cap jam in the match, snap off protusion, loosely
replace valve cap. Takes time though... Or a valve insert remover but
the sharp knife across the base of valve stem is qite effective.
Super glue in the locks... I wonder if the avengers handbook is still
out there on the 'net? Lots hints and tips about how "to get ones own
back" when the normal routes fail.

Well you asked for that didn't you? Couldn't you have used a bit more
tact? Be polite to him, get rid of him THEN call the Police!!!

Quite, remember this type of person does not regard the law as any
form of barrier to any thing they want to do. Don't let the law get
in your way either, just don't get caught!

Let me tell you that you are worse than the arsehole who committed the
crime against us.

Baz

WELL SAID!!! There are reasons why you don't take the law into your own
hands. It is not a sensible thing to do at all.

Old 07-08-2011, 01:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sun, 07 Aug 2011 10:55:55 GMT, Baz wrote:

Baz wrote in :

Yesterday the OH and me were in the front garden doing some weeding
when a chap came to me, treading on plants and with a dodgy attitude
asked if I wanted him to fix my roof! I said there is nothing wrong
with the roof and if there was I could fix it. He went on to ask if I
wanted the garden digging! Then did I want the plastic window frames
cleaning! He wouldn't take no for an answer.
Unknown to me the OH recognised him from last year when he was
stealing wheelie bins and rang the police. While undesired man and me
were talking OH passed me the phone out of the window and was
surprised to be talking to the police(as I didn't know she had rang
them). I quickly got the gist and gave them a reg. no. of a pickup
truck which I thought must have been his, he ran off immediatly.

6.30 this morning we were going out for the day. No chance. 8 slashed
tyres and DEEP scratches to the bodywork of our cars.

I feel like giving in! For F**ks sake. We both have to go to work
tomorrow.

Baz

This man is now in custody.

Baz

Hope they can do him for something!
--
http://www.voucherfreebies.co.uk
Old 07-08-2011, 01:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Baz" wrote in message
Martin wrote in
:

On 2011-08-07 08:15:44 +0100, Baz said:

[...]

What a horrible thing to happen. It's only upside is that the
police have his reg.no. and know he's operating in your area. CCTV
camera installation, perhaps?

We have had tyres slashed too. Our new car has no spare wheel just a
sophisticated puncture outfit made for holes less than 3mm. I
spotted this after I had bought the car. The salesman said a survey
had shown that customers didn't need a spare wheel anymore!

!! What utter madness. When I picked up a horseshoe nail in one tyre,
I certainly needed a spare. I've had 3 puncture altogether with this
car, having never had one in my life before!

Ignoring slashed tyres, we have been averaging a puncture a year,
mainly from wood screws which I suspect vandals have screwed into the
tyres. Things have got better since the local yob has found a job.

Let me tell you that this has scared us both half to death here, the
scroat has crept up during the night and caused thousands of pounds worth
of damage and we didn't hear a thing. Imagine if he wanted to do US harm.
I don't know where the money is going to come from but we have to get
some quality recordable security here. Today if I can. The police are
going to talk with us later on today about security.

Baz

Cheapest is to get a fake camera.

Old 07-08-2011, 01:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sun, 07 Aug 2011 11:14:19 GMT, Baz wrote:

Jake Nospam@invalid wrote in
:

Really sorry to hear all this Baz. Hope it gets sorted soon. Did your
neighbours also offend the same man? It somehow seems odd that he
should return so quickly and damage your cars. I'd have thought that
even a real idiot would realise that they'd be the first to be
suspected.

Cheers
Jake
Gardening at the dry end (east) of Swansea Bay
in between reading anything by JRR Tolkien.

www.rivendell.org.uk

Yes my neighbours offended the same man by refusing to accept his bullying
tactics, and they, well some, got shit put through their letterbox.

It seems to me that you disbelieve me?

Not for one second, Baz. Sorry that I expressed myself badly.

A real idiot, your words, not mine would.

This guy is an idiot, as well as a bully.Trouble is that the phrase
"The law is an ass" is also very true. You know who did it, your
neighbours know who did it, the Police probably agree. But I'm very
cynical about the Crown Prosecution Service (because of experience)
and no doubt they'll demand lots of evidence simply because, they will
say, the culprit is too obvious.

But I really hope things work out right for you quickly. It may sound
daft but if you haven't already try and drop, casually, into
conversation with the Police that your son's starting training later
in the year.

Old 07-08-2011, 01:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2011-08-07 08:15:44 +0100, Baz said:

[...]

Where to get tyres is top of my list now. The price is mad as well with
callout charges. Good to have neighbours, we are taking my wheels to a
tyrefitting sevice, but Reikha's car is going to a recovery service and
hopefully the insurance will sort it today. What a bloody mess. It
couldn't
come at a worse time financially. With the bodywork damage it is almost
certain both cars will be written off.

While I have been writing this the insurance company have allocated us
courtsey cars and to wait for confirmation of the details. So its wheels
back on. Can it be so easy? I hope so, Reikha has been on the phone all
morning so far.
I wonder how this is going to affect our policies, money wise next
renewal.
I dare not think about it. What a mess.

Again while writing, a neighbour has had "foul" put through his letterbox
last night or early this morning.
Disgusting. The police are taking this more seriously now.

Baz

Vote for the BNP!
We have had too many years of liberals and socialiasts.

Old 07-08-2011, 01:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

mogga wrote in
:

Baz wrote in :

[...]

They will "do" him, but the courts decide the penalty.
More often than not a law breaker, even a violent cus will go free to
offend again.

Baz
Old 07-08-2011, 01:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message
ll.co.uk...
[...]

Neighbourhood vigilante group is what you want.
If the police won't protect you...
Even if they catch scum like this he will only get his hand slapped.
Probably end up doing community serviceon your street.
He'll blame you for that as well......

Old 07-08-2011, 01:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Baz wrote in :

[...]

Now that is good news. Keep us posted!

Old 07-08-2011, 01:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"harryagain" wrote in
:

Cheapest is to get a fake camera.

And record nothing?
A criminal like I have come into contact with is unlikely to be scared with
a fake, now is he!
And besides that the toe rag needs catching, and quickly before someone
gets hurt.

Baz
Old 07-08-2011, 01:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"harryagain" wrote in message

[...]

In the 1970's I was teaching in one of the Isle of Wight Prisons. One of the
prisoners finished the course in May and was released in June. (They only
came on the course towards the end of their sentence)

I was walking across the main area a few weeks later when I saw him coming
towards me. "What are you doing here?" 'Two and a half years', "What for?"
'GBH, I went back and beat up the bloke who put me in last time'

Probably end up doing community serviceon your street.
He'll blame you for that as well......

THAT is why you don't take the law into your own hands but take notes and
inform plod later.

:-((

Mike