Old 08-08-2011, 01:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default How bad is bad?

In article , Sacha
writes
My brother and sil used to live in a 'nice' part of Wandsworth. She
drove a Mercedes and the windscreen was smashed in no less than 7
times.

I've got a friend in High Wycombe who had his car set about with a meat
cleaver , the bloke even stood on the bonnet to hammer the rood!

Also in High Wycombe friends had their car set alight parked directly in
the drive under their daughter's window.

They had bought it from a garage and he suspected that it had been a
write off after an accident once he had driven it home and had a chance
to take a really good look, so he had reported it to the police. (He
was a car mechanic)
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph
Old 08-08-2011, 01:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

My brother just bought two cameras on the Internet , not that dear, they
are used to record wildlife in your garden so use infra red and the
movement makes the camera take the picture. You can then just plug it in
to your computer to see the night's visitors.
We got three deer, two foxes lots of pigeons (he left it on 24 hours)
several cats and me going up and down weeding!

That way you don't have to watch all the frames on a possibly quite
night, as every frame or picture taken will be whatever moves in your
garden. The date and time come up in the corner and the photographs are
really quite good.

Janet
Old 08-08-2011, 01:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , Martin
writes
Meanwhile the Dutch DPP has decided that people, who post photos of
uncaught intruders & thieves on Internet won't always be prosecuted
for intrusion of privacy
--

Martin

I've always thought that people who are convictedfof animal cruelty
should be named and pictured on the Internet or in the Local paper.
Though i appreciate that there are sometimes depressed souls who don't
mean to be unkind, but those that wantonly neglect or maltreat them
should have to face peer pressure and then maybe others won't be
inclined to do so either if they think they might suffer the same fate!!

--
Janet Tweedy

Old 08-08-2011, 02:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Janet Tweedy" wrote in message

My brother just bought two cameras on the Internet , not that dear, they
are used to record wildlife in your garden so use infra red and the
movement makes the camera take the picture.

SNIPPY
More info on the cams would be appreciated please Janet.
Reply to is valid.
Thanks
Pete C

Old 08-08-2011, 03:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

On Mon, 8 Aug 2011 12:37:41 +0100, Janet Tweedy
wrote:

In article , Martin
writes
Meanwhile the Dutch DPP has decided that people, who post photos of
uncaught intruders & thieves on Internet won't always be prosecuted
for intrusion of privacy
--

Martin

I've always thought that people who are convictedfof animal cruelty
should be named and pictured on the Internet or in the Local paper.
Though i appreciate that there are sometimes depressed souls who don't
mean to be unkind, but those that wantonly neglect or maltreat them
should have to face peer pressure and then maybe others won't be
inclined to do so either if they think they might suffer the same fate!!

Proper local papers have always published court reports, and in
serious cases with pictures if they're available. Cruelty to animals
is high on the list of crimes taken seriously in this country, so I
doubt if many convictions go unreported.

--
Mike.

Old 08-08-2011, 04:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Janet Tweedy
writes

I've got a friend in High Wycombe who had his car set about with a meat
cleaver , the bloke even stood on the bonnet to hammer the rood!

Also in High Wycombe friends had their car set alight parked directly
in the drive under their daughter's window.

They had bought it from a garage and he suspected that it had been a
write off after an accident once he had driven it home and had a chance
to take a really good look, so he had reported it to the police. (He
was a car mechanic)

I surprised a T Leaf attempting to break into my garage one night about
10pm. He scarpered when I switched on the security light, before
doing too much damage. Cops came quickly and called up the dog man,
but he failed to pick up a trail (unlike the movies).

When the cops arrived they asked what I kept in my garage, and I said a
few gardening tools and equipment.
"Have you got a car"?
"Yes, in the garage".

They seemed amazed to be told that I keep my car in the garage, so I
asked where else would I keep it!
--
Gordon H
Remove "invalid" to reply
Old 08-08-2011, 05:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Martin
writes

Meanwhile the Dutch DPP has decided that people, who post photos of
uncaught intruders & thieves on Internet won't always be prosecuted
for intrusion of privacy

I wouldn't do that! I have handed a tape, and photograph on
different occasions to the police, but to stick it on the Internet tells
everyone who took the photograph, with the danger of retaliation.
They know where you live, but you don't know where they live. ;-)
--
Gordon H
Remove "invalid" to reply
Old 08-08-2011, 05:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Gordon H" wrote in message
In message , Martin
writes

Meanwhile the Dutch DPP has decided that people, who post photos of
uncaught intruders & thieves on Internet won't always be prosecuted
for intrusion of privacy

I wouldn't do that! I have handed a tape, and photograph on different
occasions to the police, but to stick it on the Internet tells everyone
who took the photograph, with the danger of retaliation.
They know where you live, but you don't know where they live. ;-)
--
Gordon H
Remove "invalid" to reply

This is why I thought Baz was so stupid with the action he took!!! He was
ASKING for trouble!

Mike

Old 08-08-2011, 05:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2011-08-08 12:18:10 +0100, Janet Tweedy
said:

In article , Sacha
writes
!! What utter madness. When I picked up a horseshoe nail in one tyre, I
certainly needed a spare. I've had 3 puncture altogether with this car,
having never had one in my life before!
--

I've had 12 in my Volvo 70 as the wheels are low profile. i also have to
have at least one every year at the MOT, and I don't do that many miles!

I've also had to get new tyres through wear and tear, though only two,
thank goodness. I commented to the tyre shop that I'd never had this kind
of thing with any other car and he said - honest injun - that 'they' don't
make tyres to last as long as they did. I can't remember the explanation
now, if I got one but apart from more profit to the tyre manufacturers, I
can't think of one!
--
Sacha
South Devon

I can't remember the explanation, but when I needed new tyres for my BMW, it
was explained to me that there are two different compositions for tyres and
it depends on what you are doing and how you are using your car. For
pottering around the lanes, cheapo composition tyres will do, but as I am
sometimes required to belt up the Motorways to attend Service Reunions or
Services as their President, I needed top quality ones. After all, you
wouldn't want to see me killed in a blow out on the M6 'cos I had the wrong,
i.e. "pottering" tyres on now would you?
..
..
..
..

Well some would I know. Poor them

Mike

Old 08-08-2011, 05:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Gordon H wrote in news:bK+a$kLcm
:

In message , Janet Tweedy
writes

[...]

Sometimes you may have to put up with, what seems like stupidity from the
police, stupid questions and hold them inside. Most times the old bill will
have a reason, and that may be that you should not be there, or the twit is
still at large, or both. Most of them are far from stupid.

Baz

Old 08-08-2011, 06:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Baz" wrote in message
[...]

;-) ??

Mandy Rice-Davies had the answer for your statement.

Kindest regards

Mike

Old 08-08-2011, 07:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Gordon H wrote in
:

In message , Baz
writes

This man is now in custody.
Baz

Good news.

I went to the court this morning to see that monster.

He has so many things against him in his past and with loads of
convictions, including violence and he is remanded in custody.

The a.hole has form including a jail sentence from which he was released
with conditions to return. He never complied.Bloody hell! Why?

Baz
Old 08-08-2011, 07:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Sacha
writes
On 2011-08-08 16:46:25 +0100, Baz said:

[...]

It would be an amazement with me. I've rarely had a garage in any
house but when I have it's always been too full of 'stuff' to hold a
car. ;-)

Yup, I don't think anybody I know keeps their car in their garage - ours
does have plenty of bikes though.

--
Chris French

Old 08-08-2011, 08:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Sacha
writes
On 2011-08-08 16:46:25 +0100, Baz said:

[...]

Well you can put my daughter and son in law onto your list. They have two
double garages for their four cars and they all live in their respective
garage. Mine generally does, but at the moment is outside because my motor
bike, worth more than my car, is in the middle of the garage.

Mike

Old 08-08-2011, 08:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2011-08-08 18:30:38 +0100, Baz said:

Gordon H wrote in
:

In message , Baz
writes

This man is now in custody.
Baz

Good news.

I went to the court this morning to see that monster.

He has so many things against him in his past and with loads of
convictions, including violence and he is remanded in custody.

The a.hole has form including a jail sentence from which he was released
with conditions to return. He never complied.Bloody hell! Why?

Baz

I don't know what that means? He was supposed to hand himself over if he
re-offended or was caught doing so? He was supposed to 'sign in' at the
local police station once a day/week/month? Whatever it was, he doesn't
sound like the type who's going to be too bothered about complying with
anything. But I'm so glad he's been caught and we can hope he'll go to
jail for enough time to allow all of you to organise a neighbourhood watch
scheme that's effective and enough to put him off trying it on again.

I'm getting quite irritable, not to say bloody annoyed, at reading
criticism of the police handling of the current riots. Firstly, whatever
they do, they seem to be damned by doing too much by one side or not
enough by another. Secondly, people complain about not seeing enough
police when 'incidents' occur. Well, hello, moan about this in
'peacetime' and not when it's too late and moan to the politicians who
advocate soft sentencing and going easy on users of drugs. Thirdly, the
rioters we're seeing now aren't doing this because someone's holding a gun
to their heads, they're doing it because they want to. And tonight, live
on tv, we saw transmissions of the police having things hurled at them by
yobs breaking into vehicles and trying to stove in windows in their spare
time. It makes me mad to hear people moaning that the police do nothing
when they have to stand there and take that kind of treatment. The police
barely have time to draw breath before they're abused and assaulted yet
again. A little less bleeding heart and a bit more "we won't put up with
this from anyone" on the part of everybody seems to be required.
--
Sacha
South Devon

A lot of this is down to the attitude of the "I am so powerful .............
SIR" Police.

THEY are the ones who need to be taken down a notch or seven

Mike