Old 27-08-2011, 04:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y

Default Blowing Neighbours smell away

In article , Interloper
writes
Most likely Dave has already got a life and he is trying to hang on to it
and his health by avoiding passive smoking.

Presumably you are a cancerous vulgarious, otherwise you would appreciate
just how abhorrent the putrid stench of second-hand tobacco smoke is to
others.

Actually there are some areas where ground and location mean that the
smoke and smell lingers far longer than is normal. You sometimes get in
in areas around offices when people are accustomed to smoke . You seem
to get a sudden blast of it as you walk through the area. Maybe the OP's
garden is such an area.

Cook curry or burn lots of toast is my only other advice
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph

Old 27-08-2011, 05:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y

On 27/08/2011 16:20, ARWadsworth wrote:
wrote:
"The Medway Handyman" mocked:

Why don't you try getting a life?

Most likely Dave has already got a life and he is trying to hang on
to it and his health by avoiding passive smoking.

Thieving *******. That's smoke that was paid for by someone else.

The sponger probably jumps the queue in hospitals as well.

Old 27-08-2011, 05:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y

On 27/08/2011 15:44, 'Mike' wrote:
"The Medway wrote in message
On 27/08/2011 09:42, Dave East wrote:
Our next door neighbours are very heavy smokers and we get a bit fed up
with
the smell of it.

Wondering if we bought one of those fairly big house fans and placed it
on
the garden table whether it would make any difference or would be it be a
waste of time?

Why don't you try getting a life?

A smoker by any chance?

Mike

No shit Sherlock

Old 27-08-2011, 05:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y

On 27/08/2011 16:18, Interloper wrote:
"The Medway Handyman" mocked:

Why don't you try getting a life?

Most likely Dave has already got a life and he is trying to hang on to it
and his health by avoiding passive smoking.

Could you name someone who as died from passive smoking? Anywhere in
the world will do.

Presumably you are a pompous ****.

Old 27-08-2011, 05:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y

Clearly irritated and devoid of anything intelligent to say, "The Medway
Handyman" responded:

Presumably you are a pompous ****.

Well, that's certainly rattled your cage! The truth hits home hard, doesn't
it?
--
Interloper

Old 27-08-2011, 05:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
On 27/08/2011 16:18, Interloper wrote:
"The Medway Handyman" mocked:

Why don't you try getting a life?

Most likely Dave has already got a life and he is trying to hang on to it
and his health by avoiding passive smoking.

Could you name someone who as died from passive smoking? Anywhere in the
world will do.

Margaret Horsborough
25 Colchester Road
Leicester

My next door neighbour when I lived in Leicester in the 60's and 70's

A non smoker, died of Lung Cancer due to secondary/passive smoking whilst in
an office environment.

I would also like to add that the treatment that I received in hospital
recently when I firs,t had a quadruple heart by pass, followed by a LUNG
decortication, was enhanced because I didn't smoke and NEVER HAD SMOKED

Come off your 'I know my rights' high horse. YOU pollute the air I breath. I
don't pollute the air you breath.

We have the same argument with you very selfish polluters on the cruise
ships. I cruise a lot and have to endure you polluting MY balcony.

If you were meant to smoke, you would have been born with a chimney out of
you head.

Old 27-08-2011, 06:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 27 Aug 2011 09:42:14 +0100, "Dave East"
wrote:

Our next door neighbours are very heavy smokers and we get a bit fed up with
the smell of it.

Wondering if we bought one of those fairly big house fans and placed it on
the garden table whether it would make any difference or would be it be a
waste of time?

Shout "Fire! Fire!" and throw a bucket of water over the fence.
Old 27-08-2011, 06:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y

Dave East wrote:
Our next door neighbours are very heavy smokers and we get a bit fed
up with the smell of it.

Wondering if we bought one of those fairly big house fans and placed
it on the garden table whether it would make any difference or would
be it be a waste of time?

I would wait until the wind blows their way and then set fire to a couple of
car tyres.

--
Adam

Old 27-08-2011, 06:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y

On 27/08/2011 17:37, 'Mike' wrote:
"The Medway wrote in message
On 27/08/2011 16:18, Interloper wrote:
"The Medway Handyman" mocked:

Why don't you try getting a life?

Most likely Dave has already got a life and he is trying to hang on to it
and his health by avoiding passive smoking.

Could you name someone who as died from passive smoking? Anywhere in the
world will do.

Margaret Horsborough
25 Colchester Road
Leicester

My next door neighbour when I lived in Leicester in the 60's and 70's

A non smoker, died of Lung Cancer due to secondary/passive smoking whilst in
an office environment.

Alas she didn't. Nice try, no cigar.

Come off your 'I know my rights' high horse. YOU pollute the air I breath. I
don't pollute the air you breath.

So you don't drive a car, heat your house, use aerosols or fart then?

We have the same argument with you very selfish polluters on the cruise
ships. I cruise a lot and have to endure you polluting MY balcony.

Cruising? Ohh Err Missus.

If you were meant to smoke, you would have been born with a chimney out of
you head.

If we weren't meant to smoke, why did God invent tobacco?

Old 27-08-2011, 06:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y

On 27/08/2011 17:34, Interloper wrote:
Clearly irritated and devoid of anything intelligent to say, "The Medway
Handyman" responded:

Presumably you are a pompous ****.

Well, that's certainly rattled your cage! The truth hits home hard, doesn't
it?

It seems I was 100& correct first time.

Old 27-08-2011, 07:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 27 Aug 2011, The Medway Handyman wrote:

Why don't you try getting a life?

Most likely Dave has already got a life and he is trying to hang on to it
and his health by avoiding passive smoking.

Could you name someone who as died from passive smoking? Anywhere in
the world will do.

Roy Castle, the entertainer.

David

--
David Rance
writing from Le Mesnil Villement, Calvados, France
Old 27-08-2011, 07:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y

In a state of delirium , "The Medway Handyman" leapt upon an unsuspecting
keyboard and mistyped:

It seems I was 100& correct first time.

It seems you are hallucinating on the narcotic properties of the alkaloid
agricultural insecticide you are addicted to.
--
Interloper

Old 27-08-2011, 07:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y
Registered User

Location: South Wales

wrote:
Our next door neighbours are very heavy smokers and we get a bit fed up with
the smell of it.

Wondering if we bought one of those fairly big house fans and placed it on
the garden table whether it would make any difference or would be it be a
waste of time?

Shout "Fire! Fire!" and throw a bucket of water over the fence.

I'd have thought that this thread is just a big wind up.
Otherwise think about moving house, as they have every right to smoke
on their own property.
I havn't smoked for almost 50 years so am not a fanatical smoker with
an axe to grind.