Old 27-08-2011, 08:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y

Default Blowing Neighbours smell away

"Dave Hill" wrote:

I'd have thought that this thread is just a big wind up.

Well it will be if the OP gets that fan working :-)
--
Interloper

Old 27-08-2011, 08:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y

On 27/08/2011 19:36, Interloper wrote:
In a state of delirium , "The Medway Handyman" leapt upon an unsuspecting
keyboard and mistyped:

It seems I was 100& correct first time.

It seems you are hallucinating on the narcotic properties of the alkaloid
agricultural insecticide you are addicted to.

No, you are still a pompous ****.

Old 27-08-2011, 08:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y

On 27/08/2011 19:01, David Rance wrote:
On Sat, 27 Aug 2011, The Medway Handyman wrote:

Why don't you try getting a life?

Most likely Dave has already got a life and he is trying to hang on
to it
and his health by avoiding passive smoking.

Could you name someone who as died from passive smoking? Anywhere in
the world will do.

Roy Castle, the entertainer.

Nope.

Old 27-08-2011, 08:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y

Unable to think up a new insult, "The Medway Handyman" reiterated:

No, you are still a pompous ****.

OK TMH, it's been fun bandying words with an archetypical, arrogant smoker,
but I can't justify any more of today in a battle of wits against an unarmed
adversary.

Stay healthy (and those around you who have to suffer your noxious
exhalation).

Anon,
--
Interloper

BTW, feel free to have the last word ;-)

Old 27-08-2011, 09:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 27 Aug 2011 19:01:26 +0100, David Rance wrote:

On Sat, 27 Aug 2011, The Medway Handyman wrote:

Why don't you try getting a life?

Most likely Dave has already got a life and he is trying to hang on to
it and his health by avoiding passive smoking.

Could you name someone who as died from passive smoking? Anywhere in the
world will do.

Roy Castle, the entertainer.

Ronnie Scott.
--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org

Old 27-08-2011, 09:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y

"Interloper" wrote in message
"Dave Hill" wrote:

I'd have thought that this thread is just a big wind up.

Well it will be if the OP gets that fan working :-)

Bit of a waste of time though.
A refrigerant gas leak might work, get the right one and it turns to
phosgene as it gets heated in the fag.
I don't think assisted suicide is wrong so I wouldn't worry about speeding
it up for them.

Old 27-08-2011, 09:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 27 Aug 2011, The Medway Handyman wrote:

Why don't you try getting a life?

Most likely Dave has already got a life and he is trying to hang on
to it
and his health by avoiding passive smoking.

Could you name someone who as died from passive smoking? Anywhere in
the world will do.

Roy Castle, the entertainer.

Nope.

It is well documented that Roy Castle did die of passive smoking, but if
you are simply going to contradict anyone who doesn't agree with you
then I shall not waste my time with you.

Bon weekend!

David

--
David Rance
writing from Le Mesnil Villement, Calvados, France
Old 27-08-2011, 10:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y

David Rance wrote:
On Sat, 27 Aug 2011, The Medway Handyman wrote:

Why don't you try getting a life?

Most likely Dave has already got a life and he is trying to hang
on to it
and his health by avoiding passive smoking.

Could you name someone who as died from passive smoking? Anywhere
in the world will do.

Roy Castle, the entertainer.

Nope.

It is well documented that Roy Castle did die of passive smoking, but
if you are simply going to contradict anyone who doesn't agree with
you then I shall not waste my time with you.

He died of lung cancer. Passive smoking was a suggested cause of that lung
cancer. That does not make it a well well documented proof.

--
Adam

Old 27-08-2011, 10:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y

On 27/08/2011 21:47, David Rance wrote:
On Sat, 27 Aug 2011, The Medway Handyman wrote:

Why don't you try getting a life?

Most likely Dave has already got a life and he is trying to hang on
to it
and his health by avoiding passive smoking.

Could you name someone who as died from passive smoking? Anywhere in
the world will do.

Roy Castle, the entertainer.

Nope.

It is well documented that Roy Castle did die of passive smoking, but if
you are simply going to contradict anyone who doesn't agree with you
then I shall not waste my time with you.

Roy Castle died of lung cancer, like many non smokers do, but it wasn't
caused by the myth of passive smoking.

The types of lung cancer affecting smokers & non smokers are entirely
different & occur in entirely different parts of the lung.

Inconvenient I know, but true nevertheless.

Old 27-08-2011, 10:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 27 Aug 2011 22:06:16 +0100, "ARWadsworth"
wrote:

David Rance wrote:
On Sat, 27 Aug 2011, The Medway Handyman wrote:

Why don't you try getting a life?

Most likely Dave has already got a life and he is trying to hang
on to it
and his health by avoiding passive smoking.

Could you name someone who as died from passive smoking? Anywhere
in the world will do.

Roy Castle, the entertainer.

Nope.

It is well documented that Roy Castle did die of passive smoking, but
if you are simply going to contradict anyone who doesn't agree with
you then I shall not waste my time with you.

He died of lung cancer. Passive smoking was a suggested cause of that lung
cancer. That does not make it a well well documented proof.

He believed it himself. That's good enough for me.

Old 27-08-2011, 10:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y

Still being a pompous **** I see. At least you are consistent.

Old 28-08-2011, 12:40 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y

Roy Castle died of lung cancer, like many non smokers do, but it wasn't
caused by the myth of passive smoking.

The types of lung cancer affecting smokers & non smokers are entirely
different & occur in entirely different parts of the lung.

Inconvenient I know, but true nevertheless.

Very true - there are a lot of myths about smoking, perpetuated by those
with an agenda and propagated by those who slavishly believe whatever
they're told.

For a more balanced view on the subject, the singer Joe Jackson decided
to look into REAL facts regarding smoking and wrote "Smoke Lies, and the
Nanny State"

It can be downloaded here as a doc or PDF file:

Jon
Old 28-08-2011, 12:42 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y

On 28/08/2011 00:40, Jon wrote:

It can be downloaded here as a doc or PDF file:

Oops, here

http://www.joejackson.com/smoking.php

Old 28-08-2011, 08:33 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y

The Medway Handyman wrote:

On 27/08/2011 16:18, Interloper wrote:
"The Medway Handyman" mocked:

Why don't you try getting a life?

Most likely Dave has already got a life and he is trying to hang on to it
and his health by avoiding passive smoking.

Could you name someone who as died from passive smoking? Anywhere in
the world will do.

How about Roy Castle a man who died from lung cancer and who never
smoked. Said he picked up the disease from the night clubs he worked in
and where smoking was rampant.
For further information see the following URL's.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/d.../2/newsid_2493
000/2493567.stm

http://www.stopsmokingtoday.com/dync...e_Smoking.html

http://www.europ-assistance.com/uk/n...ml?id_actu=965

http://www.dawn.com/2010/11/25/60000...assive-smoking
-study.html

Peter (an ex-smoker)
--
He spoke with a certain what-is-it in his voice, and I
could see that, if not actually disgruntled, he was far