GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   OT - Somewhere to visit? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/199633-ot-somewhere-visit.html)

shazzbat 06-09-2011 11:43 AM

OT - Somewhere to visit?

In late October we'll be going to a wedding in Welwyn Garden City. We'll be
returning to the Bournemouth area next day, and as we very rarely get to
that area just north of London, we thought it would be nice to find
somewhere to visit on the way back.

Any recommedations?

TIA,
Steve

Plants_Galore 06-09-2011 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shazzbat (Post 935561)
In late October we'll be going to a wedding in Welwyn Garden City. We'll be
returning to the Bournemouth area next day, and as we very rarely get to
that area just north of London, we thought it would be nice to find
somewhere to visit on the way back.

Any recommedations?

TIA,
Steve

Hi,

You could visit Hatfield House or Knebworth House both properties are open to the public and often have different sort of Fairs taking place at the weekends.

As a keen gardener you could always pop into us a view our lovely range of quality plants, we are approx. 25mins from Welwyn Garden City.

Have a great weekend

Janet Tweedy 09-09-2011 12:56 AM

OT - Somewhere to visit?

In article , shazzbat
writes
In late October we'll be going to a wedding in Welwyn Garden City. We'll be
returning to the Bournemouth area next day, and as we very rarely get to
that area just north of London, we thought it would be nice to find
somewhere to visit on the way back.

Any recommedations?

If you like rarer plants and not just the cafe and things you never knew
you wanted then do try Little Heath nursery in Potten End near
Berkhamsted. Little tea room is very good, plants a bit haphazard but
some real gems.It's in the middle of a wood with a crummy overgrown
entrance. It's on Internet.
Ayletts is very good, all singing all dancing but good quality plants
and large selection of shrubs plus cafe and fancy goods and
paraphernalia bit.

--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph