GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Is it Spring?????????? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/199636-spring.html)

Roger Tonkin 06-09-2011 09:12 PM

Is it Spring??????????

Despite all the post about autumnal rains and winter weather, one of my
Rhododenron's has just come into flower!

It sufered badly in the winter and did not flower very well but picked
up in May and put on a lot of growth, which is now flowering.

--
Roger T

700 ft up in Mid-Wales

Emery Davis[_4_] 07-09-2011 08:38 AM

Is it Spring??????????

On 09/06/2011 10:12 PM, Roger Tonkin wrote:
Despite all the post about autumnal rains and winter weather, one of my
Rhododenron's has just come into flower!

It sufered badly in the winter and did not flower very well but picked
up in May and put on a lot of growth, which is now flowering.

My Viburnum x bodnantense and witch hazels think it's late winter,
they're in full bloom.

kay 07-09-2011 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emery Davis[_4_] (Post 935677)
On 09/06/2011 10:12 PM, Roger Tonkin wrote:
Despite all the post about autumnal rains and winter weather, one of my
Rhododenron's has just come into flower!

It sufered badly in the winter and did not flower very well but picked
up in May and put on a lot of growth, which is now flowering.

My Viburnum x bodnantense and witch hazels think it's late winter,
they're in full bloom.

Yes, but V bodnantense always does start into flower about now. Maybe not early Sep but certainly before the start of October.
Witch hazel is out of season. Must look at mine - I had some autumn flowers on it last year.

And of course I've got the usual primroses and dog violets in flower.

Dave Hill 07-09-2011 11:11 PM

Is it Spring??????????

-

My Viburnum x bodnantense and witch hazels think it's late winter,
they're in full bloom.

Yes, but V bodnantense always does start into flower about now. Maybe
not early Sep but certainly before the start of October.
Witch hazel is out of season. Must look at mine - I had some autumn
flowers on it last year.

And of course I've got the usual primroses and dog violets in flower.

--
kay

Here in the wet of Swansea Bay Senecio.greyii, Weigela Bristol Ruby
are both flowering well.
David

Janet Tweedy 12-09-2011 11:44 PM

Is it Spring??????????

In article , kay
writes
Yes, but V bodnantense always does start into flower about now. Maybe

not early Sep but certainly before the start of October.
Witch hazel is out of season. Must look at mine - I had some autumn

flowers on it last year.

And of course I've got the usual primroses and dog violets in flower.

I have a hellebore so no doubt the first daffodils are round the corner!

--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph

Jonathan[_3_] 13-09-2011 11:59 AM

Is it Spring??????????

On Sep 6, 9:12*pm, Roger Tonkin wrote:
Despite all the post about autumnal rains and winter weather, one of my
Rhododenron's has just come into flower!

It sufered badly in the winter and did not flower very well but picked
up in May and put on a lot of growth, which is now flowering.

--
Roger T

700 ft up in Mid-Wales

I've got daffodils and crocuses coming up!

Jonathan

Laura Corin 13-09-2011 10:14 PM

I have grape hyacinths coming up - but this is my first year with them, so I don't know if the leaves normally appear at this time of year....

Laura

S Viemeister[_2_] 13-09-2011 10:33 PM

Is it Spring??????????

On 9/13/2011 5:14 PM, Laura Corin wrote:
I have grape hyacinths coming up - but this is my first year with them,
so I don't know if the leaves normally appear at this time of year....

Mine always do.