GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   New garden sheers required (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/199691-new-garden-sheers-required.html)

Moonraker 12-09-2011 03:11 PM

New garden sheers required

My trust rusty old sheers sadly need replacing. It will be mainly for
light clipping,I will not need long handled ones. what are the
recommendations

rbel[_2_] 12-09-2011 06:46 PM

New garden sheers required

On Mon, 12 Sep 2011 15:11:25 +0100, Moonraker
wrote:

My trust rusty old sheers sadly need replacing. It will be mainly for
light clipping,I will not need long handled ones. what are the
recommendations

I have Fiskars 'Powergear' shears which are excellent for dealing with
our mixed hedgerows and tidying up mature shrubs. IMHO you cannot go
wrong with Bahco or Fiskars shears and lopping kit.

rbel

shailer 13-09-2011 02:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moonraker (Post 936305)
My trust rusty old sheers sadly need replacing.

i was recently given two pairs of sheers both quite rusty i just took them appart and attacked with a wire brush which got rid of the surface rust and the steel underneath was fine so re-sharpened and oiled and now work fine so might be worth a try before spending money on new ones, to sharpen i used an old chisel sharppening stone which worked fine just remember that the inside of the blades has to be flat and the angle/edge on the outside

Emery Davis[_4_] 13-09-2011 08:37 AM

New garden sheers required

On 09/12/2011 04:11 PM, Moonraker wrote:
My trust rusty old sheers sadly need replacing. It will be mainly for
light clipping,I will not need long handled ones. what are the
recommendations

I had to replace my old ones last year, ended up buying Bahco
"Professional", they are long handled but they also make a short handled
model.

I'm very happy with them, the handles are aluminium with a rubber shock
absorber, very light and easy to use.

HTH