Old 14-09-2011, 11:11 AM
Registered User

Location: Allhallows Rochester Kent UK
Default ryobi 30cc dying after start up

Can anyone help here it starts easily but will not tick over will only run on high revs then dies after 15 seconds or less and I do not know where to look I have cleaned the carb as best I can blown it through with air line and same problem persists Chris
Old 14-09-2011, 06:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

--
chrisf-1

Fuel starvation. Blocked air vent on tank? Blocked fuel filter? Water
in fuel?
It may not have a carb,the thing that looks like one may be a fuel
pump run off crankcase air pulses. Very common now.