GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Garden Banter conspiracy? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/199828-garden-banter-conspiracy.html)

Phil Gurr 25-09-2011 04:15 PM

Garden Banter conspiracy?

When I logged on to URG this afternoon, there were nineteen posts and only
one (plant pots in the goldfish pond post) had a passing reference to
gardening. Is this a concerted conspiracy to discourage Garden Banter?

Phil

'Mike'[_4_] 25-09-2011 04:51 PM

Garden Banter conspiracy?

"Phil Gurr" wrote in message
o.uk...
When I logged on to URG this afternoon, there were nineteen posts and only
one (plant pots in the goldfish pond post) had a passing reference to
gardening. Is this a concerted conspiracy to discourage Garden Banter?

Phil

Phil

Don't mention gardenbanter.

It draws the wrath of those who feel they own urg

Mike

Fuschia[_3_] 25-09-2011 05:25 PM

Garden Banter conspiracy?

On Sun, 25 Sep 2011 16:15:43 +0100, "Phil Gurr"
wrote:

When I logged on to URG this afternoon, there were nineteen posts and only
one (plant pots in the goldfish pond post) had a passing reference to
gardening. Is this a concerted conspiracy to discourage Garden Banter?

Phil

I don't see much to worry about Phil. Perhaps your news server doesn't
filter out as much spam as mine. URG has a very wide community of
posters and as with any friendly group they tend to chat about other
topics of mutual interest. Surely that's not a bad thing?

Dave Hill 26-09-2011 07:14 PM

Garden Banter conspiracy?

wrote:
When I logged on to URG this afternoon, there were nineteen posts and only
one (plant pots in the goldfish pond post) had a passing reference to
gardening. Is this a concerted conspiracy to discourage Garden Banter?

Phil

I don't see much to worry about Phil. Perhaps your news server doesn't
filter out as much spam as mine. URG has a very wide community of
posters and as with any friendly group they tend to chat about other
topics of mutual interest. Surely that's not a bad thing?

When I loged in to URD this afternoon after being off line since Sat
evening I didn't find any off topic subjects other than Gareden
Banter, nothing about Goldfish etc.
Am I on a different URG?

Bob Hobden 26-09-2011 10:53 PM

Garden Banter conspiracy?

"Phil Gurr" wrote

When I logged on to URG this afternoon, there were nineteen posts and only
one (plant pots in the goldfish pond post) had a passing reference to
gardening. Is this a concerted conspiracy to discourage Garden Banter?

One persons OT is another's on topic. For example, my Front Gate post might
be OT for some but I thought it on topic as most of us have a garden gate.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

'Mike'[_4_] 27-09-2011 07:36 AM

Garden Banter conspiracy?

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message
"Phil Gurr" wrote

When I logged on to URG this afternoon, there were nineteen posts and only
one (plant pots in the goldfish pond post) had a passing reference to
gardening. Is this a concerted conspiracy to discourage Garden Banter?

One persons OT is another's on topic. For example, my Front Gate post
might be OT for some but I thought it on topic as most of us have a garden
gate.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

or even three garden gates :-))

Where my property goes through from one road to another, I have a front
garden gate, a back garden gate and a side garden gate alongside the house
separating the front garden from the back garden :-))

Mike

alan.holmes 29-09-2011 07:01 PM

Garden Banter conspiracy?

"'Mike'" wrote in message

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message
"Phil Gurr" wrote

When I logged on to URG this afternoon, there were nineteen posts and
only one (plant pots in the goldfish pond post) had a passing reference
to gardening. Is this a concerted conspiracy to discourage Garden Banter?

One persons OT is another's on topic. For example, my Front Gate post
might be OT for some but I thought it on topic as most of us have a
garden gate.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

or even three garden gates :-))

Where my property goes through from one road to another, I have a front
garden gate, a back garden gate and a side garden gate alongside the house
separating the front garden from the back garden :-))

I only have one!

From front garden to back garden.

So there!

Alan