GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Looking for new members to your Gardening Club? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/199918-looking-new-members-your-gardening-club.html)

'Mike'[_4_] 03-10-2011 03:58 PM

Looking for new members to your Gardening Club?

Some of you may be interested in a method we have of introducing new members
to "The Friends of Shanklin Theatre". The Friends now run Shanklin Theatre
and very successfully they do it too
http://www.friendsofshanklintheatre.org.uk/ ,
http://www.shanklintheatre.com/default.aspx.

If you are running or are a member of an Allotment Club or Gardening Club
and are looking for new members, especially those who could 'do something',
try what I introduced to the Shanklin Theatre a couple or so months ago. An
open 'Coffee, Cake 'n' Chat' Saturday Morning once a month. We have now set
ours as the first Saturday in the month and this last Saturday's was a
phenomenal success. Write to your local paper and have an article in
somewhere, we have a 'Village Talk' Section and I always have a slot in
there.

Have your committee or supervisors or whatever you call them there. No
pressure, anyone interested can come for a cuppa and a slice of cake, we
have Ladies who love to bake a cake or two for me, or I buy some Mr
Kipling's in, but I usually have some of those left over, they go for my
Ladies Home Mades :-) You will find people pop in to see what it's all
about.

""Coffee, Cake 'n' Chat. Coffee and Cake £1.00 CHAT FREE""

NB. Someone here has been in contact with me over their Theatre in Wimborn I
think it is. If you are reading this, have you thought of this as a
recruitment drive?

Scouts. Guides. ANY Club or Association could do this. It works :-))

Mike