Old 04-10-2011, 12:11 AM
jamie smith's Avatar
Registered User

Location: england
Question Opinions On Cannabis

Hey everyone, another thread from me, I bet you are all getting bored of these threads, anyway I would really like your opinion on growing cannabis and using cannabis. Thank you for reading my boring threads
Old 04-10-2011, 06:35 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Opinions On Cannabis

--
jamie smith

I hear cannabis buggers your brain up.
How is your brain?
Growing it is illegal BTW, didn't you know?
Old 04-10-2011, 08:43 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"jamie smith" wrote ...

Hey everyone, another thread from me, I bet you are all getting bored of
these threads, anyway I would really like your opinion on growing
cannabis and using cannabis. Thank you for reading my boring threads

Growing it is illegal, growing it is not difficult indeed I've seen it grow
to a decent height from bird seed out on our old allotment site.
I've read that it is believed to be a causal agent in some schizophrenia
cases especially when used from a young age. Whilst I can understand it
being used by some seriously ill people, and those abroad in extreme poverty
with a dreadful life, why anyone in this country who is well would want to
cloud their brain defeats me. Life itself is too powerful a drug.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

Old 04-10-2011, 11:03 AM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie smith View Post
Finally someone without there head stuck up there arse
Why say "I would really like your opinion" if what you mean is you only want to hear from people who agree with you?

And why would you expect that on a public forum people would talk in praise of an illegal activity?
__________________
Old 04-10-2011, 11:26 AM
jamie smith's Avatar
Registered User

Location: england

Quote:
Originally Posted by kay View Post
Why say "I would really like your opinion" if what you mean is you only want to hear from people who agree with you?

And why would you expect that on a public forum people would talk in praise of an illegal activity?
I wasnt talking about ilegal activity and I was just doing a little research on peoples opinion on cannabis for my extended research A Level in collage im doing this as part of my course work and cannabis does not mess up with your brain its ILEGAL because its addictive it cant actually cause any physical harm apart from inhaling smoke and one reason why this wont be legal is because the industrys will lose out on to much money so its all about money because the goverment are greedy. I understand how they didnt teach this in schools 40 - 50 years ago kay so im sorry you didnt get to now the truth. maybe pay for a collage if you arnt scared of looking 60 years older than everyone
Old 04-10-2011, 11:37 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Mon, 3 Oct 2011 23:11:28 +0000, jamie smith
wrote:

Hey everyone, another thread from me, I bet you are all getting bored of
these threads, anyway I would really like your opinion on growing
cannabis and using cannabis. Thank you for reading my boring threads

I have multiple sclerosis and cannabis is often suggested as a
medicinal supplement. There is a medicine for MS made from cannabis
but it's not available on the NHS an it is ridiculously expensive.
Many people find the real thing help a lot. In my case just a couple
of drags stops muscle spasms in a few seconds. There are no medicines
that can do that. I don't smoke enough to get high. One problem is the
mix with the dangerously addictive tobacco so smoke cannabis neat in a
pipe.

Steve

--
Neural network software applications, help and support.

Neural Network Software. www.npsl1.com
EasyNN-plus. Neural Networks plus. www.easynn.com
SwingNN. Forecast with Neural Networks. www.swingnn.com
JustNN. Just Neural Networks. www.justnn.com

Old 04-10-2011, 04:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"jamie smith" wrote in message

'Martin[_2_ Wrote:
;938619']On Tue, 4 Oct 2011 08:43:31 +0100, "Bob Hobden"

wrote:
-
"jamie smith" wrote ...-

Hey everyone, another thread from me, I bet you are all getting bored
of
these threads, anyway I would really like your opinion on growing
cannabis and using cannabis. Thank you for reading my boring threads

-
Growing it is illegal, growing it is not difficult indeed I've seen it
grow
to a decent height from bird seed out on our old allotment site.
I've read that it is believed to be a causal agent in some schizophrenia

cases especially when used from a young age. -

Only when used in very large quantities.
-
Whilst I can understand it
being used by some seriously ill people, and those abroad in extreme
poverty
with a dreadful life, why anyone in this country who is well would want
cloud their brain defeats me. Life itself is too powerful a drug.-

Better start by trying to understand why people drink large quantities
of alcohol, which has far more harmful effects than cannabis.
--

Martin

Finally someone without there head stuck up there arse

--
jamie smith

I don't quite follow why one of the clique has chosen to send an abuse
report!!!

Look at the abuse thrown at me by the "Hierarchy" of the newsgroup!!!

Mike

Old 04-10-2011, 05:32 PM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie smith View Post
I wasnt talking about ilegal activity
You were talking about growing and using it; both are illegal in the UK
Quote:
and I was just doing a little research on peoples opinion on cannabis for my extended research A Level in collage im doing this as part of my course work and cannabis does not mess up with your brain its ILEGAL because its addictive it cant actually cause any physical harm apart from inhaling smoke and one reason why this wont be legal is because the industrys will lose out on to much money so its all about money because the goverment are greedy. I understand how they didnt teach this in schools 40 - 50 years ago kay so im sorry you didnt get to now the truth. maybe pay for a collage if you arnt scared of looking 60 years older than everyone
You know nothing about my opinions, my age, my use or non-usage of, or my knowledge about, drugs.

You say you are doing research; if you are genuinely researching into people's opinions on cannabis use and cultivation, then insulting people whose opinions do not match your own will not encourage expression of those opinions and thus will bias your results. Perhaps you should pay for, or otherwise acquire, a grounding in scientific research methods?
__________________

Old 04-10-2011, 06:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Martin" wrote ...

Bob Hobden"wrote:

"jamie smith" wrote ...

[...]

I don't understand that either. I got drunk once when young and stupid and
not remembering how I got home was such a shock I have never done it again.
If I had been accused of murder or whatever I could not have denied it,
horrid thought. Drinking too much also mucks up your weekend which I always
found precious when at work.

The modern wish to get "stoned" is a social problem that needs sorting, in
my young days if someone acted drunk they were considered not manly because
they couldn't take their booze, it was socially unacceptable and you could
quickly loose all your old friends that way. Why anyone would want to take
drugs or alcohol to fog their brain and look stupid, as they always do, I
cannot imagine.

Jamie, I tell it as it is and if that offends your young sensibilities don't
ask the question.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

Old 04-10-2011, 10:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

jamie smith wrote:

Finally someone without there head stuck up there arse

So now we know that cannabis use impairs spelling and the ability to trim
excess verbiage.
If it were legal to so, (here it isn't), I would probably grow a little
hemp just because. But then, I didn't much care for the effects a long,
long time ago.

Old 05-10-2011, 08:06 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sacha" wrote

"Bob Hobden" said:
snip

Jamie, I tell it as it is and if that offends your young sensibilities
don't ask the question.

Do any of you actually believe this is someone with 'young sensibilities'
or a trouble maker with a grudge against urg? Or one of its friends. After
a certain troll gets rapped knuckles, posts like this suddenly pop up in
urg. It's such a recurrent pattern that it always surprises me a little
that anyone is taken in.

This post asked a question which I answered from my experience, nothing
more. If it is another troll or indeed a sock puppet, who cares, it's got us
talking on the subject and thrown up some differing views amongst regulars
which is stimulating.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

Old 05-10-2011, 08:18 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message
"Sacha" wrote

"Bob Hobden" said:
snip

Jamie, I tell it as it is and if that offends your young sensibilities
don't ask the question.

Do any of you actually believe this is someone with 'young sensibilities'
or a trouble maker with a grudge against urg? Or one of its friends.
After a certain troll gets rapped knuckles, posts like this suddenly pop
up in urg. It's such a recurrent pattern that it always surprises me a
little that anyone is taken in.

This post asked a question which I answered from my experience, nothing
more. If it is another troll or indeed a sock puppet, who cares, it's got
us talking on the subject and thrown up some differing views amongst
regulars which is stimulating.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

Not particularly interested in who put it up, but it raises one question
with me, one I hadn't thought of before and I wonder if it applies to any of
the older readers of this newsgroup.

When I first left school and had a pay packet, I thought on the lines of 'Oh
well, let's try smoking as all grown ups do' I spluttered my way through a
couple of fags, couldn't see any sense in it and packet it in there and
then.

Nowadays, drugs seem to be the 'in' thing. Not so much 60 odd years ago.
However, 'HAD' drugs been the 'in' thing and I liked them, would I have
become a druggy?

And you older ones who smoke, how did you start and 'could it' have been
drugs?

I fully expect the usual abuse and bile from the usual people who have a go
at me, but let's see if this arouses the possibility in the older one as to
whether THEY could have become druggies just as they became smokers

Mike

Old 05-10-2011, 09:28 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 04/10/2011 00:11, jamie smith wrote:
Hey everyone, another thread from me, I bet you are all getting bored of
these threads, anyway I would really like your opinion on growing
cannabis and using cannabis. Thank you for reading my boring threads

These days it is an EU licensed horticultural crop c. savita var savita
genetically stripped of its ability to make THC and related components
and grown for the hemp fibre which has had a resurgence lately.

AFAIK It is not grown much commercially in the UK not really warm enough
but I have seen many fields of it growing in southern France.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hemp

The main opposition to growing it as a biomass/natural fibre comes from
the US and their zero tolerance "War on Drugs". A myopic policy which
serves only to enhance profitability of their prison industry.

Flax is also making something of a come-back.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/bu...y-1573790.html

So yes cannabis aka hemp does have its legal uses.

Regards,
Martin Brown