GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Garden flower ID (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/200007-garden-flower-id.html)

David56802 12-10-2011 01:50 PM

Garden flower ID

1 Attachment(s)
I wonder if someone could tell me what these flowers are? I noticed them in someone's garden.

Many thanks.

'Mike'[_4_] 12-10-2011 04:23 PM

Garden flower ID

"David56802" wrote in message

I wonder if someone could tell me what these flowers are? I noticed them
in someone's garden.

Many thanks.

|Filename: flower.jpg |
|Download:
http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=14472|

David56802

Hi David

The leaves look like mint, but not the flower :-((

One of the experts will be along in a moment and tell you ALL about it

AND

tell you to subscribe to uk.rec.gardening direct :-((

Mike

:-))

Stewart Robert Hinsley 12-10-2011 05:44 PM

Garden flower ID

In message , Jeff Layman
writes
On 12/10/2011 13:50, David56802 wrote:
I wonder if someone could tell me what these flowers are? I noticed them
in someone's garden.

Many thanks.

|Filename: flower.jpg |
|Download: http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=14472|

Caryopteris?

I thought it was Nepeta.
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley

Jeff Layman[_2_] 12-10-2011 06:30 PM

Garden flower ID

On 12/10/2011 17:44, Stewart Robert Hinsley wrote:
In , Jeff Layman
writes
On 12/10/2011 13:50, David56802 wrote:
I wonder if someone could tell me what these flowers are? I noticed them
in someone's garden.

Many thanks.

|Filename: flower.jpg |
|Download: http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=14472|

Caryopteris?

I thought it was Nepeta.

I think that you are right.

--

Jeff

Fuschia[_3_] 12-10-2011 06:59 PM

Garden flower ID

On Wed, 12 Oct 2011 18:30:14 +0100, Jeff Layman
wrote:

On 12/10/2011 17:44, Stewart Robert Hinsley wrote:
In , Jeff Layman
writes
On 12/10/2011 13:50, David56802 wrote:
I wonder if someone could tell me what these flowers are? I noticed them
in someone's garden.

Many thanks.

|Filename: flower.jpg |
|Download: http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=14472|

Caryopteris?

I thought it was Nepeta.

I think that you are right.

It looks very like my nepeta.

Dave Hill 12-10-2011 07:51 PM

Garden flower ID

wrote:
On 12/10/2011 17:44, Stewart Robert Hinsley wrote:
In , Jeff Layman
*writes
On 12/10/2011 13:50, David56802 wrote:
I wonder if someone could tell me what these flowers are? I noticed them
in someone's garden.

Many thanks.

|Filename: flower.jpg * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * |
|Download:http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=14472|

Caryopteris?

I thought it was Nepeta.

I think that you are right.

It looks very like my nepeta.- Hide quoted text -

Without doubt it's Nepeta.
Not Nepita Six hills giant, but one of the many smaller forms.
Some cats go mad for it , others dont care in the least, hence the
name Catmint.
David Hill

Cobralily 12-10-2011 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David56802 (Post 939346)
I wonder if someone could tell me what these flowers are? I noticed them in someone's garden.

Many thanks.

Hello

The plant is a form of Nepeta or Catmint, probably a variety called Six Hills Giant

David56802 12-10-2011 11:15 PM

Thanks very much for the ID.

news 13-10-2011 08:50 AM

Garden flower ID

In article , 'Mike'
writes

tell you to subscribe to uk.rec.gardening direct :-((

Have you ever noticed how unpleasant a broken record sounds?

--
regards andyw

'Mike'[_4_] 13-10-2011 09:05 AM

Garden flower ID

"news" wrote in message
In article , 'Mike'
writes

tell you to subscribe to uk.rec.gardening direct :-((

Have you ever noticed how unpleasant a broken record sounds?

--
regards andyw

You mean the way people on here have a dig at those who come to urg via
gardenbanter and tell the guilty ones how much better it is to come direct?
Yes. Boring aren't they? Do you think they will ever give up having a dig
and saying why they don't like it? (but still continue to post here so that
their postings appear on gardenbanter)? .................... No neither do I
;-))

Kindest regards

Mike