Old 20-10-2011, 12:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
rog rog is offline

Default Today's Tip

When you pull those tomato plants out of the ground in your greenhouse,
plant spring cabbage.
Rog (Mr. Bean)

Old 20-10-2011, 04:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 20/10/2011 12:38, Rog wrote:

When you pull those tomato plants out of the ground in your greenhouse,
plant spring cabbage.
Rog (Mr. Bean)

I would, but I put mine seedlings outside (first true leaves just
established) to water, forgot about them for 1/2 day, when I went to
them the blasted wood pidgins had scoffed the lot! :-((

Old 20-10-2011, 06:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Moonraker" wrote ...

Rog wrote:

When you pull those tomato plants out of the ground in your greenhouse,
plant spring cabbage.
Rog (Mr. Bean)

I would, but I put mine seedlings outside (first true leaves just
established) to water, forgot about them for 1/2 day, when I went to them
the blasted wood pidgins had scoffed the lot! :-((

We found last year the Whitefly overwintered on our Spring Cabbages and then
infected our main brassicas as soon as we planted them. Won't be doing that
again.
--
Regards Bob Hobden
Posting to this Newsgroup from the W. of London UK

Old 20-10-2011, 06:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 20/10/2011 19:41, Bob Hobden wrote:
"Moonraker" wrote ...

Rog wrote:

When you pull those tomato plants out of the ground in your greenhouse,
plant spring cabbage.
Rog (Mr. Bean)

I would, but I put mine seedlings outside (first true leaves just
established) to water, forgot about them for 1/2 day, when I went to
them the blasted wood pidgins had scoffed the lot! :-((

We found last year the Whitefly overwintered on our Spring Cabbages and
then infected our main brassicas as soon as we planted them. Won't be
doing that again.

I've had a plague of whitefly in the garden for the first time this
year. I notice they are currently setting up winter home on the runner
beans and garden cress in anticipation of some tasty brassicas in Spring.

--
David in Normandy.
by a filter and not reach my inbox.
Old 20-10-2011, 11:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Rog wrote:
When you pull those tomato plants out of the ground in your greenhouse,
plant spring cabbage.

My plan is to replace them with lettucey type things this year.