Old 20-10-2011, 10:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Interesting US seed supplier

Just come across this:
http://www.tradewindsfruit.com/

A very large number of exotic - and not so exotic - seeds supplied.
These include dozens of tomato and pepper varieties (I am not sure if
some of these would not be allowed in the EC).

The seed prices are not unreasonable, and the minimum mail order appears
to be only $10 (excluding airmail charges).

--

Jeff
Old 22-10-2011, 01:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: Torquay S. Devon

I don't usually look through sites like this, but came across an
interesting claim (on the site that Jeff mentioned) : that the seeds
of 'honesty' - Lunaria annua can be used as a mustard substitute and
the roots can be cooked as a vegetable. Live and learn.
Old 22-10-2011, 03:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article
,
Dave Poole writes
the seeds
of 'honesty' - Lunaria annua

The variegated white one is lovely to grow but whether it will come true
to type from seed i saved this year will be a surprise!
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph
Old 22-10-2011, 06:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Janet Tweedy" wrote in message
In article
, Dave
Poole writes
the seeds
of 'honesty' - Lunaria annua

The variegated white one is lovely to grow but whether it will come true
to type from seed i saved this year will be a surprise!
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph
http://www.lancedal.demon.co.uk

It will if its well away from the ordinary purple ones, mine have stayed
true for the last 12 years without any reversion. (I agree its a class
plant)

--
Charlie, Gardening in Cornwall
and Lapageria rosea cvs

Old 22-10-2011, 06:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Dave Poole" wrote in message
I don't usually look through sites like this, but came across an
interesting claim (on the site that Jeff mentioned) : that the seeds
of 'honesty' - Lunaria annua can be used as a mustard substitute and
the roots can be cooked as a vegetable. Live and learn.

I suppose its part of the greater cabbage family so related to mustard but
even so I didn't know that either, does the site indicate how to prepare the
seed? (we always have plenty of honesty seed!)