Old 23-10-2011, 02:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default I was thinking

I was thinking last night (Yes I do at times)
When you grow sweet peas you stop the plants to make them multi stem,
and to give better growth,
What would happen to garden peas if you did the same, would you get a
better crop, or would the pod size decrease?
David
Old 23-10-2011, 08:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 23/10/2011 13:37, Dave Hill wrote:
I was thinking last night (Yes I do at times)
When you grow sweet peas you stop the plants to make them multi stem,
and to give better growth,
What would happen to garden peas if you did the same, would you get a
better crop, or would the pod size decrease?
David

That's twice you've had the same thought, Dave... :-)

--

Jeff
Old 23-10-2011, 09:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales

On Oct 23, 7:22*pm, Jeff Layman wrote:
On 23/10/2011 13:37, Dave Hill wrote:

I was thinking last night (Yes I do at times)
When you grow sweet peas you stop the plants to make them multi stem,
and to give better growth,
What would happen to garden peas if you did the same, would you get a
better crop, or would the pod size decrease?
David

That's twice you've had the same thought, Dave... :-)

--

Jeff

Well spoted, but the first time I refered to Sweet Reas, and knowing
how some people enjoy picking up errors I thought it better to rethink
the thought.
Old 24-10-2011, 09:53 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 23/10/2011 20:12, Dave Hill wrote:
On Oct 23, 7:22 pm, Jeff wrote:
On 23/10/2011 13:37, Dave Hill wrote:

I was thinking last night (Yes I do at times)
When you grow sweet peas you stop the plants to make them multi stem,
and to give better growth,
What would happen to garden peas if you did the same, would you get a
better crop, or would the pod size decrease?
David

That's twice you've had the same thought, Dave... :-)

--

Jeff

Well spoted, but the first time I refered to Sweet Reas, and knowing
how some people enjoy picking up errors I thought it better to rethink
the thought.

I can't really help except that the birds (at least I think it was
birds) took the tips of my peas out this year and their crop was
definitely not improved.