Old 26-10-2011, 06:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default Horse raddish

If anyone is wanting Horse Raddish then Morrisons are selling cling
film wraped roots which will propagate well, I bought one around 4
weeks ago and now have 14 very healthy young plants comming along.
David
Old 26-10-2011, 08:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Dave Hill wrote:

will propagate well

Is that a euphemism for "keep it away from anything important?"

Old 27-10-2011, 10:07 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Oct 26, 6:58*pm, Dave Hill wrote:
If anyone is wanting Horse Raddish then Morrisons are selling cling
film wraped roots which will propagate well, I bought one around 4
weeks ago and now have 14 very healthy young plants comming along.
David

You'll be sorry about that..........
Old 27-10-2011, 10:12 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Wed, 26 Oct 2011 10:58:17 -0700 (PDT), Dave Hill
wrote:

If anyone is wanting Horse Raddish then Morrisons are selling cling
film wraped roots which will propagate well, I bought one around 4
weeks ago and now have 14 very healthy young plants comming along.
David

What do you do with it?
Chop it up and stick it in the ground?
--
http://www.voucherfreebies.co.uk
Old 27-10-2011, 11:43 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 27/10/2011 10:07, harry wrote:
On Oct 26, 6:58 pm, Dave wrote:
If anyone is wanting Horse Raddish then Morrisons are selling cling
film wraped roots which will propagate well, I bought one around 4
weeks ago and now have 14 very healthy young plants comming along.
David

You'll be sorry about that..........

Out of interest, is that based on your experience? Umpteen years ago I
dug up some horseradish and tried to grow it some in pots. It didn't do
at all well. Maybe it was too dry.

I can't say that I've seen it when walking in the country. Its large
leaves are very noticeable; I doubt that I'd miss it or think it was
something else.

--

Jeff

Old 27-10-2011, 11:51 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Oct 26, 6:58 pm, Dave wrote:
If anyone is wanting Horse Raddish then Morrisons are selling cling
film wraped roots which will propagate well, I bought one around 4
weeks ago and now have 14 very healthy young plants comming along.
David

You'll be sorry about that..........

Out of interest, is that based on your experience? Umpteen years ago I
dug up some horseradish and tried to grow it some in pots. It didn't do
at all well. Maybe it was too dry.

I can't say that I've seen it when walking in the country. Its large
leaves are very noticeable; I doubt that I'd miss it or think it was
something else.

I know someone reclaiming an historic house derelict walled garden. The
Horse Radish held its own against pigs, pheasant pens, brambles, nettles
and other invasive weeds for more than half a century. Roots are as
thick as my arm and seem to go down to the Antipodes.

They have found several very old pear varieties and a mulberry tree too!

Incidentally anyone have any tips for dealing with well established
peach leaf curl on a century old (ie huge) peach tree?

--
Regards,
Martin Brown
Old 27-10-2011, 12:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Thu, 27 Oct 2011 11:51:37 +0100, Martin Brown
wrote:

Incidentally anyone have any tips for dealing with well established
peach leaf curl on a century old (ie huge) peach tree?

Spray the tree with very dilute copper sulphate and then spray it with
water and then do your best to keep it dry for a week or two. The
copper sulphate kills the fungus but can do more harm than good so
wash it off as soon as you can. Keeping a huge tree dry for a week or
two could be a challenge at this time of year.

Steve

--
Neural network software applications, help and support.

Neural Network Software. www.npsl1.com
EasyNN-plus. Neural Networks plus. www.easynn.com
SwingNN. Forecast with Neural Networks. www.swingnn.com
JustNN. Just Neural Networks. www.justnn.com

Old 27-10-2011, 03:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Oct 26, 6:58 pm, Dave *wrote:
If anyone is wanting Horse Raddish then Morrisons are selling cling
film wraped roots which will propagate well, I bought one around 4
weeks ago and now have 14 very healthy young plants comming along.
David

You'll be sorry about that..........

Out of interest, is that based on your experience? *Umpteen years ago I
dug up some horseradish and tried to grow it some in pots. *It didn't do
at all well. * Maybe it was too dry.

I can't say that I've seen it when walking in the country. *Its large
leaves are very noticeable; I doubt that I'd miss it or think it was
something else.

--

Jeff

Once established, on a par with knotweed!
Looks a bit like dock leaves. Roots are quite different.
Tiniest bit of root will grown in my experience.