Old 26-10-2011, 09:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Gardena irrigation

Please can someone explain what purpose the metal "clips" on the drippers
serve.

Old 27-10-2011, 08:15 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Mr Green" wrote in message

Please can someone explain what purpose the metal "clips" on the drippers
serve.

Looking at the pics, it would appear that they are there to hold the pipe on
to the connector. I expect that if you push the clip towards the body of the
dripper, you will be able to push the hose under the clip, which will then
grip the hose when released.

Steve

Old 27-10-2011, 09:04 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Thu, 27 Oct 2011 08:15:25 +0100, "shazzbat"
wrote:

"Mr Green" wrote in message
.. .

Please can someone explain what purpose the metal "clips" on the drippers
serve.

Looking at the pics, it would appear that they are there to hold the pipe on
to the connector. I expect that if you push the clip towards the body of the
dripper, you will be able to push the hose under the clip, which will then
grip the hose when released.

Steve

Yes - I assume something like that - but I have never had the old style ones
come apart from the hose so I am surprised if that is the case.

Has anyone actually used any of this style?

Old 28-10-2011, 06:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Am 27.10.2011 10:04, schrieb Mr Green:

Yes - I assume something like that - but I have never had the old style ones
come apart from the hose so I am surprised if that is the case.

If these parts are the same as sold in Germany, they are different now.
The old ones were made with a saw like profile in order make a tight
connection. It was almost impossible to disconnect both, joint and pipe
without heating. The new joints now have a O-ring gasket. It is easier
now to connect and to disconnect the interconnection.
Cheers
Gotthelf
--
http://www.wolmershaeuser.de
Old 29-10-2011, 03:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Fri, 28 Oct 2011 19:14:20 +0200, G Wolmershäuser
wrote:

Am 27.10.2011 10:04, schrieb Mr Green:

Yes - I assume something like that - but I have never had the old style ones
come apart from the hose so I am surprised if that is the case.

If these parts are the same as sold in Germany, they are different now.
The old ones were made with a saw like profile in order make a tight
connection. It was almost impossible to disconnect both, joint and pipe
without heating. The new joints now have a O-ring gasket. It is easier
now to connect and to disconnect the interconnection.
Cheers
Gotthelf

Good - I bet that that is the reason - easier disconnection.

I have had difficulty myself with the old style - and have had to cut off the
tubing with a Stanley knife.