Old 30-10-2011, 09:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Otish - My New Camera

On Sat, 29 Oct 2011 01:22:51 -0700, Dave Hill wrote:

I like Fuju, why?

Oddly enough I do like their digital cameras. The feature set seems
pretty good and their bridge cameras are quite nice. The output usually
seems pretty good.

You still couldn't pay me to put a roll of their film in my 35mm. The
saturation is always way off and they come out with a green tinge to my
eye.

Because I'm used to them and they suit me. There are loads of good
cameras out there all with their loyal followers who swear their make is
the only one worth using. What counts is the quality of the pictures you
end up with, and a lot of that is up to the person behind the camera. I
look foreward to seeing your pics, but why wait till next year? David

I'll admit to a DSLR, a compact and looking to get SWMBO a bridge camera
for christmas. Add that to a 35mm minor collection and when I've got a
little more money some medium format will be happening.

Warwick
Old 30-10-2011, 10:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales

On Oct 30, 8:02*pm, Warwick wrote:
[...]

Jake
You got me looking at the new Fuji cameras, and I must say I di like
the
FinePix HS20EXR
http://www.fujifilm.eu/uk/products/d...0exr/overview/
But I can't justify the cost when there is nothing wrong with my
camera
Still I can dream
David
Old 31-10-2011, 09:59 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sun, 30 Oct 2011 Martin wrote:

In the 60's if you had a home computer you must have been time
traveling

Quite.

Except I never claimed to have had a home computer in the 1960s.

And it was supposed to be Bill Gates who said back in the 80s that he
didn't think anyone would need more than 64k of RAM. But maybe that's an
urban legend. I've got Bill Gates' book - I'll have to look it up,
though I'm not sure if all of it is to be believed. He claims to have
written the BASIC interpreter for all the desktop computers at that
time.

Bully for him. I hope you were impressed.

Writing BASIC interpreters is trivial.

I never claimed it wasn't trivial. ;-)

David

http://rance.org.uk

Old 31-10-2011, 11:37 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Whilst on cameras, has anyone tried having a "photo book" printed from
digital images?

I have just had one done by Lidl's photo service and the results are very
good, and at what I consider a fair price.

Mike

Old 31-10-2011, 07:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

http://www.fujifilm.eu/uk/products/d...r/overview/But I can't justify the cost when there is nothing wrong with mycameraStill I can dreamDavidIf your results with your current camera satisfy you then stay with it.Digital cameras are rapidly becoming male jewelry:-) I doubt ladies wouldever consider them jewelry!Bill

Old 31-10-2011, 08:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Bill Grey" wrote in message

"Dave Hill" wrote in message
[...]

My reply should have appeared like this :-