GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Burnham Beeches. (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/200223-burnham-beeches.html)

shazzbat 30-10-2011 08:03 PM

Burnham Beeches.

We went to Burnham Beeches yesterday. Neither of us had been there before. A
fantastic place, well worth a diversiomn on our journey. It must cover at
least a few hundred acres, and have many thousands of trees.

So it was quite surprising that the Mrs found one with "I love Steve" carved
in it.

Steve

Stewart Robert Hinsley 30-10-2011 10:18 PM

Burnham Beeches.

In message , shazzbat
writes
We went to Burnham Beeches yesterday. Neither of us had been there before. A
fantastic place, well worth a diversiomn on our journey. It must cover at
least a few hundred acres, and have many thousands of trees.

540 acres. It's not all beech woodland, but tens of thousands of trees
seems a reasonable estimate.

--
Stewart Robert Hinsley

Bob Hobden 30-10-2011 10:34 PM

Burnham Beeches.

"shazzbat" wrote ...

We went to Burnham Beeches yesterday. Neither of us had been there before.
A fantastic place, well worth a diversiomn on our journey. It must cover at
least a few hundred acres, and have many thousands of trees.

So it was quite surprising that the Mrs found one with "I love Steve"
carved in it.

Good grief, in a previous life I used to go there with a young lady. Mind
you I never went in daylight. :-)
--
Regards Bob Hobden
Posting to this Newsgroup from the W. of London UK