Old 31-10-2011, 12:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Toby buckland website

Toby Buckland has set up a new website

www.tobybuckland.com,

he is selling bare-root perennials and roses from November to February
and container-grown plants all year round.

Presumably this means they will be cheaper? Though how they will travel
is a bit of a wonder!

He also sells other plants from this site but although we used to buy
stuff like this I am not sure we would have travelled miles to get the
plants and i don't remember there being much mail order so what
advantages would there be?

--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph
Old 31-10-2011, 02:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales

On Oct 31, 12:20*pm, Janet Tweedy wrote:
Toby Buckland has set up a new website

*www.tobybuckland.com,

he is selling bare-root perennials and roses from November to February
and container-grown plants all year round.

Presumably this means they will be cheaper? Though how they will travel
is a bit of a wonder!

He also sells other plants from this site but although we used to buy
stuff like this I am not sure we would have travelled miles to get the
plants and i don't remember there being much mail order so what
advantages would there be?

--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraphhttp://www.lancedal.demon.co.uk

This was the normal wat to buy plants up untill the 70's and a great
number are still sold this way, think Roses, Fruit trees and bushes.
They were sent by rail and delivered to you mostly within 2 or 3 days
of being sent, sometimes within a day. probably a better service than
today as they were handled much more kindly.
Today if I buy Chrysanth cuttings they will probably be lifted from
the propagating bench and sent virtualy bare rooted, no problems
spending 3 or 4 days in transit in the spring or early summer, so
trees, shrubs and perenial plants sent bare rooted over the winter
when they are dormant will have no problems what so ever, if packed
properly.
David Hill
Old 31-10-2011, 02:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales

On Oct 31, 2:11*pm, Dave Hill wrote:
[...]

David Hill- Hide quoted text -

Having just looked at his websiteI do wonder what size the plants
supplied will be as he is charging top price for what I have looked
at.
My question will be "Is he buying in from Holland and just selling
on?"
David