GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Murraya Koenigii (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/200325-murraya-koenigii.html)

[email protected] 11-11-2011 02:51 PM

Murraya Koenigii

Anyone had any joy buying plants, growing them on or propagating from
them?

Regards
JonH

someone 14-11-2011 10:37 PM

Murraya Koenigii

wrote in message
Anyone had any joy buying plants, growing them on or
propagating from
them?

I've never seen the plants for sale, however you can buy
seeds from B&T World Seeds if you have the time to wait for
them to turn into plants. Growing from seed is always fun,
and this plant probably shouldn't take that long for it to
be useable.

http://b-and-t-world-seeds.com/homepage.htm

someone

[email protected] 20-02-2012 10:18 PM

Murraya Koenigii

On Mon, 14 Nov 2011 22:37:44 -0000, "someone"
wrote:

wrote in message
.. .
Anyone had any joy buying plants, growing them on or
propagating from
them?

I've never seen the plants for sale, however you can buy
seeds from B&T World Seeds if you have the time to wait for
them to turn into plants. Growing from seed is always fun,
and this plant probably shouldn't take that long for it to
be useable.

http://b-and-t-world-seeds.com/homepage.htm

someone

Now back in stock and ordered.

Cheers!
JonH

[email protected] 27-06-2012 05:57 PM

Murraya Koenigii

On Mon, 20 Feb 2012 22:18:15 +0000, wrote:

On Mon, 14 Nov 2011 22:37:44 -0000, "someone"
wrote:

wrote in message
. ..
Anyone had any joy buying plants, growing them on or
propagating from
them?

I've never seen the plants for sale, however you can buy
seeds from B&T World Seeds if you have the time to wait for
them to turn into plants. Growing from seed is always fun,
and this plant probably shouldn't take that long for it to
be useable.

http://b-and-t-world-seeds.com/homepage.htm

someone

Now back in stock and ordered.

Cheers!
JonH

B&T bombed out on me.

I took delivery today of two fine looking plantlets from Poyntzfield
Herb Nursery. (www.poyntzfieldherbs.co.uk/) They arrived by first
class snailmail, well protected for their journey from Scotland. They
are now potted up in JI#2. They weren't cheap but I was desperate.

Regards
JonH

Johno 28-06-2012 10:23 PM

Murraya Koenigii

Had some seeds sent to me from California, several years ago by a contact there. Easy to propogate and grows well. Dont let it dry out though, serious leaf drop otherwise. Save the leaves for cooking if it happens. Every few years I cut it back hard and it re shoots every time. Mine has never flowered, although a second plant I gave to my mum did and it filled the house with a delicious scent for days.
Good luck and enjoy!