GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   75% off seeds at Tesco (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/200399-75%25-off-seeds-tesco.html)

gary lacey 18-11-2011 06:38 AM

75% off seeds at Tesco

Went to my local Tesco yesterday (Ryde, Isle of Wight) and they have 75% off of all seeds. As an example of the discount, I picked up some Unwins busy Lizzies price on the pack £1.99 price I paid at the till £0.49. All the seed packs were in a one box which you had to sort through instead of the usual display, I would imagine all Tescos are doing the same.

Ragnar 18-11-2011 10:57 AM

75% off seeds at Tesco

"gary lacey" wrote in message

Went to my local Tesco yesterday (Ryde, Isle of Wight) and they have 75%
off of all seeds. As an example of the discount, I picked up some Unwins
busy Lizzies price on the pack £1.99 price I paid at the till £0.49.
All the seed packs were in a one box which you had to sort through
instead of the usual display, I would imagine all Tescos are doing the
same.

Did you check whether they were last years's stock?
R.

Pete C[_3_] 18-11-2011 06:09 PM

75% off seeds at Tesco

"Janet" wrote in message
snippy
Then write on next year's diary for March, where you left the seeds...

Janet.

You hide them all over the house?

Pete C

No Name 18-11-2011 07:54 PM

75% off seeds at Tesco

gary lacey wrote:
Went to my local Tesco yesterday (Ryde, Isle of Wight) and they have 75%
off of all seeds. As an example of the discount, I picked up some Unwins
busy Lizzies price on the pack ?1.99 price I paid at the till ?0.49.
All the seed packs were in a one box which you had to sort through
instead of the usual display, I would imagine all Tescos are doing the
same.

If you have a The Works, they are doing a similar price.

No Name 18-11-2011 07:56 PM

75% off seeds at Tesco

Pete C wrote:
Then write on next year's diary for March, where you left the seeds...

Janet.

You hide them all over the house?

You'd be amazed at some of the places I've found seeds in our house. :-/

gary lacey 20-11-2011 12:09 PM

Quote:

Did you check whether they were last years's stock?
R.
Hi, they are this years stock, the best before date on the busy lizzies is Dec 2012.