Old 18-11-2011, 11:17 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default A bit of a ticking off!

We have had some intrusions in the past and have done (at a cost) some
security measures such as PrikaStrip and GuardCam. These reccommendations
were given to us from the police and we have bought the products and
installed them.

All of that has not stopped a certain indivdual from using our garden as a
shortcut to his parents house when he has had a taste of beer and heaven
knows what else.

Thinking I was within the law I put a bit of barbed wire in his way in MY
garden betweem the Prika Striped fences. There is no way in or out unless
your intentions are criminal.

He got a bit entangled, snagged his body and clothing, and I have an ASBO
for my efforts. He rang his parents and they knew or at least thought they
knew where he was.

The GuardCam worked against me in this case because I had the cheek to
protect my property.

Baz

Old 18-11-2011, 12:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Baz" wrote ...

[...]

Well at least you won't get called up for jury service now you have a
criminal record. :-)
Bit harsh though, for just putting barbed wire up on ones own property, if
it's considered that anti social why is it allowed to be sold. Did you ask
the Court what you should have done instead? They would probably say call
the Police, so you waste a phone call. I trust the other party, the
trespasser, got a similar ASBO?

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 18-11-2011, 05:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Bob Hobden" wrote in
:

"Baz" wrote ...

[...]

An ASBO is issued by a police officer. No courts...Yet.
And you are right I should have called police.
The trespasser has not committed a crime, strange but true. No damage I can
find, as tempting as it is.

This is just another lesson I need to learn.
Provide PPE for intruders and a first aid box just in case the little
darlings hurt themselves on my property. Just imagine what might have
happened if I caught him red handed.(shudder)

Baz
Old 18-11-2011, 05:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Baz" wrote in message
"Bob Hobden" wrote in
:

"Baz" wrote ...

[...]

With the way you go about things, you would be in prison by now :-((

Sooooooooooooooooo glad you are no neighbour of mine!!

Mike

Old 18-11-2011, 05:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Fri, 18 Nov 2011 17:21:18 -0000, "'Mike'"
wrote:

"Baz" wrote in message
.. .
"Bob Hobden" wrote in
:

"Baz" wrote ...

[...]

Not as glad as he is!

Old 18-11-2011, 05:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Fuschia" wrote in message
On Fri, 18 Nov 2011 17:21:18 -0000, "'Mike'"
wrote:

"Baz" wrote in message
. ..
"Bob Hobden" wrote in
:

"Baz" wrote ...

[...]

I bet!!!!

We got on fine around here and help each other. I have had my neighbours
helping me to clear gutters this afternoon. Imagine if baz had to accept
responsibility for being a 'responsible caring' neighbour with the antics he
gets up to!!!!

Would I like to leave the keys to my house for 4 months to him when I am
away? In the words of a once regular troll on this newsgroup "I think not"
:-((((((((((((((

Mike

Old 18-11-2011, 05:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 18/11/2011 12:58, Bob Hobden wrote:
"Baz" wrote ...

[...]

Sounds to me from your description a bit more like you were installing a
man trap in your garden using barbed wire. Not surprised the police did
you for it.

Well at least you won't get called up for jury service now you have a
criminal record. :-)
Bit harsh though, for just putting barbed wire up on ones own property,
if it's considered that anti social why is it allowed to be sold. Did
you ask the Court what you should have done instead? They would probably
say call the Police, so you waste a phone call. I trust the other party,
the trespasser, got a similar ASBO?

Far more effective to grow wild rambling rose, pyrocantha or berberis.
All entirely natural versions of barbed wire and at present legal.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown
Old 18-11-2011, 06:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Baz" wrote in message
[...]

I have put up barbed wire to stop little scrotes flattening the mesh I put
along the top of a wall to stop the dog escaping. It has never occurred to
me that I may be in trouble if said scrotes hurt themselves on it. To be
honest although it is along a back wall mostly out of sight I hate seeing it
there but had no choice.

Mike

Old 18-11-2011, 06:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Nov 18, 5:11*pm, Baz wrote:
"Bob Hobden" wrote :

"Baz" *wrote *...

[...]

Baz- Hide quoted text -

Just plant sweet briars like Meg Merrilees or Anne of Geirstein - much
nicer than razor wire and not so anti-social ;~))

Rod
Old 18-11-2011, 06:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"MuddyMike" wrote

I have put up barbed wire to stop little scrotes flattening the mesh I put
along the top of a wall to stop the dog escaping. It has never occurred to
me that I may be in trouble if said scrotes hurt themselves on it. To be
honest although it is along a back wall mostly out of sight I hate seeing
it there but had no choice.

I was told by the Police some years ago that it is OK if no-one can touch it
whilst standing on the ground. That is, they have to be attempting climbing
over etc to get near it. I know one house I walk past has an electrified
fence on top of their wall judging by the insulated connectors. I've also
seen a house with a sign saying "This property is booby trapped,
unauthorised entry will cause injury and may cause death" but that was
abroad.

Old 18-11-2011, 06:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"MuddyMike" wrote in
news

"Baz" wrote in message
[...]

Mike, a word of caution,
Keep your barbed wire, but be aware that you could get yourself a criminal
record if a perp injures him/herself whilst potentially harming you or your
property after entering your premises. I hope it never happens to you.

Baz
Old 18-11-2011, 07:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Bob Hobden" wrote in
:

"MuddyMike" wrote

I have put up barbed wire to stop little scrotes flattening the mesh I
put along the top of a wall to stop the dog escaping. It has never
occurred to me that I may be in trouble if said scrotes hurt
themselves on it. To be honest although it is along a back wall mostly
out of sight I hate seeing it there but had no choice.

I was told by the Police some years ago that it is OK if no-one can
touch it whilst standing on the ground. That is, they have to be
attempting climbing over etc to get near it. I know one house I walk
past has an electrified fence on top of their wall judging by the
insulated connectors. I've also seen a house with a sign saying "This
property is booby trapped, unauthorised entry will cause injury and
may cause death" but that was abroad.

Things have moved on since then. For the worse.
We are no longer allowed to put up a sign "Beware of the Dog" in the UK.
In fact I beleive we have to rely on not being killed or injured while we
sleep, and if we are then simply 'phone the police during any attack, life
threating or not. Simple when some scroat has you by the balls or has your
wife nailed to the coffee table.

Baz
Old 18-11-2011, 07:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Janet wrote in news:MPG.2930bd4461ba771398abf1
@news.eternal-september.org:

says...

An ASBO is issued by a police officer. No courts...Yet.

Er,no. ASBOs are issued by magistrate courts. Not police.

Janet

OK. Janet yes I have a fixed penalty ticket. £80 for anti-social behaviour.
is this not an ASBO?

Baz
Old 18-11-2011, 07:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Janet wrote in news:MPG.2930be945276600798abf2
@news.eternal-september.org:

In article ,
says...

Things have moved on since then. For the worse.
We are no longer allowed to put up a sign "Beware of the Dog" in the UK.

Don't talk nonsense.

Janet

OK.

Baz
Old 18-11-2011, 07:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Baz
writes

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ASBO
--