GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Frost protection. (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/200477-frost-protection.html)

Baz[_3_] 28-11-2011 03:05 PM

Frost protection.

I was wondering how a fleece can let in enough light over winter months to
allow growth of my overwintering peas, broad beans, winter and spring
cabbage. Does a fleece work? Or should I put a polythene mimi tunnell over
them.

I lost everything last winter, even the hardiest(so called) of them.

Any ideas?
Thanks
Baz

Moonraker 29-11-2011 04:45 PM

Frost protection.

On 28/11/2011 15:05, Baz wrote:
I was wondering how a fleece can let in enough light over winter months to
allow growth of my overwintering peas, broad beans, winter and spring
cabbage. Does a fleece work? Or should I put a polythene mimi tunnell over
them.

I lost everything last winter, even the hardiest(so called) of them.

Any ideas?
Thanks
Baz

I have used fleece, the biggest problem is that rain does not get through.

Ghostrecon 29-11-2011 05:43 PM

Frost protection.

On Mon, 28 Nov 2011 15:05:12 GMT, Baz wrote:

I was wondering how a fleece can let in enough light over winter months to
allow growth of my overwintering peas, broad beans, winter and spring
cabbage. Does a fleece work? Or should I put a polythene mimi tunnell over
them.

I lost everything last winter, even the hardiest(so called) of them.

Any ideas?
Thanks
Baz

fleece is better - allows some air movement - stil air allows mositure to
freeze out - so I'm told
--