GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Pieris japonica leaves going yellow - problem? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/20109-pieris-japonica-leaves-going-yellow-problem.html)

TobyB 02-05-2003 07:08 PM

Pieris japonica leaves going yellow - problem?

I don't know if this is a problem, but the top young leaves, including
the newly-forming ones, of a small Pieris I planted a few months ago
are now yellow instead of (as they were) red - does this represent a
nutrient deficiency or is it normal?
Anyone know?
Cheers.

Mimi De Moratti 02-05-2003 08:33 PM

Pieris japonica leaves going yellow - problem?

On Fri, 2 May 2003 19:04:43 +0100, TobyB wrote
(in message ) :

I don't know if this is a problem, but the top young leaves, including
the newly-forming ones, of a small Pieris I planted a few months ago
are now yellow instead of (as they were) red - does this represent a
nutrient deficiency or is it normal?
Anyone know?
Cheers.

It's normal. These leaves will turn green and stay that way. Next year
(early) the new growth will start out bright red, go pink, then yellow, then
green again. It's what they do.