GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   The Works (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/201959-works.html)

Kathy 21-01-2012 04:05 PM

The Works

Popped into our local branch to look at the books, came out with two packs
of seed potatoes - King Edwards, each eight spuds for 99p, and an onion
set - Sturon, 70 onions, also 99p. As I'm on my own, 16 chitting spuds, plus
the Kestrels I've already bought, any left over Cara from this year and the
inevitable volunteers, will just do me.
I noticed them last year, but Ann had already bought the spuds so didn't get
any. They do other varieties as well, but I just adore King Eds :-}

--
Kathy

No Name 21-01-2012 04:59 PM

The Works

Kathy wrote:
Popped into our local branch to look at the books, came out with two packs
of seed potatoes - King Edwards, each eight spuds for 99p, and an onion
set - Sturon, 70 onions, also 99p. As I'm on my own, 16 chitting spuds, plus
the Kestrels I've already bought, any left over Cara from this year and the
inevitable volunteers, will just do me.

Interesting. I've seen them selling seeds before, but never potatoes.