GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   cheapest westland sowing compost (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/201965-cheapest-westland-sowing-compost.html)

Janet Tweedy[_2_] 21-01-2012 06:55 PM

cheapest westland sowing compost

Yes, not those little 10l pouches that seem to be vaguely a bad bargain
though i haven't done the maths but the proper large bags of westland
seed and potting compost.

A friend wants to buy about 25 -30 bags.

Anyone got details of cheap offers on Westland compost?

The B & Q site says £3.00 for 30litres BUT shows a 10litre bag. Most
other sites show a 10l bag for £2.99

This is before I go in with her and buy the stuff from our local GC and
then someone on here gives a sharp intake of breath and starts with
"well you should have asked me before buying at xyz price"

--
Janet Tweedy

David WE Roberts[_4_] 21-01-2012 10:53 PM

"Janet Tweedy" wrote in message
Yes, not those little 10l pouches that seem to be vaguely a bad bargain
though i haven't done the maths but the proper large bags of westland seed
and potting compost.

A friend wants to buy about 25 -30 bags.

Anyone got details of cheap offers on Westland compost?

The B & Q site says £3.00 for 30litres BUT shows a 10litre bag. Most other
sites show a 10l bag for £2.99

This is before I go in with her and buy the stuff from our local GC and
then someone on here gives a sharp intake of breath and starts with "well
you should have asked me before buying at xyz price"

http://www.crowders.co.uk/buy/plant-...en-health-30l#
comes in at £4.99 for 30l.
http://www.interhort.com/products/tr..._compost .php
comes in at £3.26+VAT per 30l bag plus delivery.

So the B&Q price seems O.K. as long as it is for 30 litres.

Possibly worthwhile checking a couple of local independant GCs in case they
can do a deal.

Cheers

Dave R
[Not even bunny]

Helmuth von Moltke the Elder

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Janet Tweedy[_2_] 21-01-2012 11:48 PM

cheapest westland sowing compost

In article , David WE Roberts
writes
So the B&Q price seems O.K. as long as it is for 30 litres.

Yes. Worried that it might just be a mistake on the website:) have seen
crowders and other ones via Google, just wondered if someone on here had
seen a GC advertising it at a good price! Thanks though.
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph

Phil Gurr 22-01-2012 11:51 AM

cheapest westland sowing compost

"Janet Tweedy" wrote in message
In article , David WE Roberts
writes
So the B&Q price seems O.K. as long as it is for 30 litres.

Yes. Worried that it might just be a mistake on the website:) have seen
crowders and other ones via Google, just wondered if someone on here had
seen a GC advertising it at a good price! Thanks though.

I get all my Westland compost from a local independant GC (Munro's of
Bogallan) at £10 for 3 bags (30l). All stored under cover (v. important) and
fresh. Can't do better than that.

Phil
Northern Highlands of Scotland