GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   RIP Stapeley water Gardens (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/201990-rip-stapeley-water-gardens.html)

hugh 25-01-2012 09:58 PM

RIP Stapeley water Gardens

Finally closed down last week.
Lure of the developer's chequebook just too much.
--
hugh

Bob Hobden 25-01-2012 10:46 PM

RIP Stapeley water Gardens

"hugh" wrote ...

Finally closed down last week.
Lure of the developer's chequebook just too much.

The people that owned Stapeley were the ones that renovated the
Latour-Marliac watergardens and water lily nursery in France so they have
left the world a wonderful legacy.
http://www.latour-marliac.com/newshi...php?idlangue=1
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

BAC 26-01-2012 09:38 AM

RIP Stapeley water Gardens

"hugh" ] wrote in message
Finally closed down last week.
Lure of the developer's chequebook just too much.

That is a shame - it was well worth the trip visiting there.

Moonraker 26-01-2012 10:01 AM

RIP Stapeley water Gardens

On 25/01/2012 21:58, hugh wrote:
Finally closed down last week.
Lure of the developer's chequebook just too much.

Not totally fair, they were not making a decent profit.

hugh 27-01-2012 08:51 PM

RIP Stapeley water Gardens

In message , BAC
writes

"hugh" ] wrote in message
Finally closed down last week.
Lure of the developer's chequebook just too much.

That is a shame - it was well worth the trip visiting there.

Gradually fell away when one of the brothers died. Cannot remember the
name, or even the circumstances now.
--
hugh

Michael Bell 29-01-2012 06:03 AM

RIP Stapeley water Gardens

In message
"BAC" wrote:

"hugh" ] wrote in message
Finally closed down last week.
Lure of the developer's chequebook just too much.

That is a shame - it was well worth the trip visiting there.

I took my children there a long while ago. They enjoyed it. It's a
pity it's closed.

Michael Bell