GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Suggested evergreen pot plant for shaded wall (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/202005-suggested-evergreen-pot-plant-shaded-wall.html)

Achillea 28-01-2012 11:31 AM

Suggested evergreen pot plant for shaded wall

1 Attachment(s)
Hi

I want to put some evergreen potted plants on my north facing shaded front patio to soften the front of the house and hide some of the brickwork - probably a climber. See photo below.

I really like Euonymus Fortunei Silver Queen but not sure if it would survive in a pot over winter or even cope with the shade.

Any thoughts or other suggestions?

I could add some annuals in the summer but really don't want it looking so barren during the winter months.

Many thanks