GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Hanging baskets (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/20210-hanging-baskets.html)

Mike Terry 03-05-2003 08:20 AM

Hanging baskets

I have the baskets left from last year.

What mix of plants would be recommended to sow now please?

Sacha 04-05-2003 03:32 PM

Hanging baskets

in article , Mike Terry at
wrote on 4/5/03 7:16 am:

Well yesterday I made three and use trailing lobelia, trailing petunia,
bizzy lizzies and some other trailing plants I bought in small pots.

I'm not sure what I'm doing as I'm not much of a gardener so I hope that I
have got it right - time will tell!

If you've used Lobelia, be sure to water your basket well every day unless
Nature does it for you. Once Lobelia dries out, that's it.
--

Sacha

Little Badger 04-05-2003 07:32 PM

Hanging baskets

"Sacha" wrote in message
in article , Mike Terry at
wrote on 4/5/03 7:16 am:

Well yesterday I made three and use trailing lobelia, trailing petunia,
bizzy lizzies and some other trailing plants I bought in small pots.

I'm not sure what I'm doing as I'm not much of a gardener so I hope that

have got it right - time will tell!

If you've used Lobelia, be sure to water your basket well every day unless
Nature does it for you. Once Lobelia dries out, that's it.
--

Sacha

I agree!
I wouldn't have put petunia and Lobelia together. Petunia likes to go dry
lobelia doesn't.

Badger

Jeffery 05-05-2003 07:44 AM

Hanging baskets

Just a word of warning. My neighbour has just had one of his biggest
hanging baskets fall on him. He siad it was his fault as he had bought
cheep brackets.

So beware do not spoil the look of the thing by buying cheap brackets - they
will get their own back!

Enjoy the group and happy gardening.

Jeffery.