GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Sunday Morning (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/202101-sunday-morning.html)

Dave Hill 05-02-2012 10:00 AM

Sunday Morning

Good morning everyone from an almost tropical South Wales. The sun is
out and it's a balmy 40f,
We had a couple of hours of very fine powdery snow yesterday then the
rain came and it just kept on coming, in all we had 1.8" it was
running off the fields as the ground was frozen solid so nothing could
sink in.
This morning there was ice on a lot of the puddles, this is from the
frozen ground underneath the water, so at present the mud is still
held captive by the frozen ground..
David @ the wet but warm side of Swansea Bay

Bill Grey 07-02-2012 08:28 PM

Sunday Morning

"Dave Hill" wrote in message
Good morning everyone from an almost tropical South Wales. The sun is
out and it's a balmy 40f,
We had a couple of hours of very fine powdery snow yesterday then the
rain came and it just kept on coming, in all we had 1.8" it was
running off the fields as the ground was frozen solid so nothing could
sink in.
This morning there was ice on a lot of the puddles, this is from the
frozen ground underneath the water, so at present the mud is still
held captive by the frozen ground..
David @ the wet but warm side of Swansea Bay

The weekend rain was so heavy that it caused a landslide at Penycae in the
Swansea Valley. The Brecon Road has been closed under emergeny orders.If
you need to get to Brecon go via the Neath Valley/Penderyn.

Bill