GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Puzzling soil test result (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/202272-puzzling-soil-test-result.html)

echinosum 16-02-2012 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Hill (Post 950788)
And if you have Foxes around they will dig like mad trying to find the meat.

I mainly use bonemeal in the bottom of the hole when planting plants, so that it is under a few inches of soil. Occasionally I've scattered it on the surface for my bamboo. My garden is visited by foxes practically every night, but I have had no problem with them digging stuff up.

Dave Hill 16-02-2012 06:15 PM

Puzzling soil test result

Dave Hill;950788 Wrote: *And if you have Foxes around they will dig like mad trying to find the

--
echinosum

Several years ago now, I dug a couple of handfulls into the soil
before planting and for the next couple of weeks they were digging
there every night.
David