Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 17-02-2012, 07:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Making frogs happy in the garden...

I was out doing a bit of pre-spring faffing around today, and was surprised
to find that some frogs are alive and kicking in a couple of washing-up
bowls I placed outside under the shelter of bushes, last Spring. I may have
woken them up from their winter hibernation. Frankly, I was amazed that
anything was still alive and kicking in one of the bowls, because the water
was opaque!

I want to do everything I can to harbour frogs in my garden, because they
eat slugs, (or so I'm told) - and slugs are the No.1 menace around here!

Can anyone share any tips on making life as comfortable as possible for
these croaking allies?

Al