GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Wanted 2 pronged hand fork (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/202335-wanted-2-pronged-hand-fork.html)

Moonraker 18-02-2012 05:14 PM

Wanted 2 pronged hand fork

I've Googled until my hand are sore, but only found one, and that was
very expensive. I want it for weeding in my many pots, I'm sure someone
here can help. TIA

Jake 18-02-2012 06:02 PM

Wanted 2 pronged hand fork

On Sat, 18 Feb 2012 17:14:05 +0000, Moonraker
wrote:

I've Googled until my hand are sore, but only found one, and that was
very expensive. I want it for weeding in my many pots, I'm sure someone
here can help. TIA

Have you thought of a carving or BBQ fork? Handle may be a bit long
but perhaps you can cut one down and put a new handle on it.

Cheers, Jake
=======================================
Urgling happily from the dryer end of Swansea Bay.
A raisin is just a grape with sunburn.

Dave Hill 18-02-2012 07:15 PM

Wanted 2 pronged hand fork

wrote:

I've Googled until my hand are sore, but only found one, and that was
very expensive. I want it for weeding in my many pots, I'm sure
someone
here can help. TIA

Why not use a knife?

Janet 18-02-2012 07:51 PM

Wanted 2 pronged hand fork

wrote:

I've Googled until my hand are sore, but only found one, and that was
very expensive. I want it for weeding in my many pots, I'm sure
someone
here can help. TIA

google for a daisy grubber, there are dozens, cheap.

Janet

Moonraker 19-02-2012 11:52 AM

Wanted 2 pronged hand fork

wrote:

I've Googled until my hand are sore, but only found one, and that was
very expensive. I want it for weeding in my many pots, I'm sure
someone
here can help. TIA

google for a daisy grubber, there are dozens, cheap.

Janet

Thanks Janet, now I am spoilt for choice!

someone 20-02-2012 01:36 AM

Wanted 2 pronged hand fork

"Moonraker" wrote in message
I've Googled until my hand are sore, but only found one,
and that was very expensive. I want it for weeding in my
many pots, I'm sure someone here can help. TIA

I bought a thing in France, called a serfouette, available
in any hardware store for one or two Euros. Try googling
it, and then take a holiday to Calais :-) I have found this
tool indispensable.

someone