GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Anyone splitting lemon grass plants? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/202366-anyone-splitting-lemon-grass-plants.html)

Compo in Caithness 20-02-2012 08:24 PM

Anyone splitting lemon grass plants?

Is anyone splitting a lemon grass this season, please?

Dave Hill 20-02-2012 09:41 PM

Anyone splitting lemon grass plants?

On Feb 20, 8:24*pm, Compo in Caithness
wrote:
Is anyone splitting a lemon grass this season, please?

I take it you want lemon grass.
I have grown it from fresh lemon grass sold in supermarkets and shops,
but it must be fresh and not all dried up.
Got some good ones in Swansea market from a stall there a couple of
years ago.

Dave Hill 20-02-2012 09:45 PM

wrote:
Is anyone splitting a lemon grass this season, please?

I should also have said you can greow it from seed
See http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&k...2kubz7lkw 3_b

Compo in Caithness 21-02-2012 10:22 PM

wrote:

Is anyone splitting a lemon grass this season, please?

I should also have said you can greow it from seed
Seehttp://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=lemon+grass+seeds&tag=goo...

I cannot get it from our local shops; I live in Caithness, not far
from John O'Groats. I have ordered some seeds but understand that it
can take up to a couple of months to germinate.