Old 23-02-2012, 01:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default replacement handles for forks

Can anyone recommend where I could buy a replacement handle for a ladies
Garden Fork.
It has been mended a number of times, but now needs a new one. Thanks in
advance. Ann

Old 23-02-2012, 05:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales

On Feb 23, 1:48*pm, Ann Lancing wrote:
Can anyone recommend where I could buy a replacement handle for a ladies
Garden Fork.
It has been mended a number of times, but now needs a new one. *Thanks in
advance. Ann

Didn't you like the first answers?
Old 23-02-2012, 06:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Ann Lancing" wrote in message

Can anyone recommend where I could buy a replacement handle for a ladies
Garden Fork.
It has been mended a number of times, but now needs a new one. Thanks in
advance. Ann

My local agricultural merchant replaces wooden handles on spades, forks,
axes etc.
If you can get to a livestock market that's the best chance of finding an
agricultural merchant nearby.
HTH

Tina

Old 24-02-2012, 07:47 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Feb 23, 1:48*pm, Ann Lancing wrote:
Can anyone recommend where I could buy a replacement handle for a ladies
Garden Fork.
It has been mended a number of times, but now needs a new one. *Thanks in
advance. Ann

Farmer's market stalls.

Old 24-02-2012, 12:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Ann Lancing wrote in
:

Can anyone recommend where I could buy a replacement handle for a
ladies Garden Fork.
It has been mended a number of times, but now needs a new one. Thanks
in advance. Ann

To be honest, unless your fork has sentenental value, it is cheap and easy
to buy a new fork. £5 or less from Poundstretchers or TheRange. Some nice
ladies forks as well from both with unbreakable handles.
If you still need a handle for your fork, just take the metal bit to your
local builders merchant and they will get the woodwork for you. Simple as
that.

Baz
Old 24-02-2012, 12:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 23/02/2012 13:48, Ann Lancing wrote:

Can anyone recommend where I could buy a replacement handle for a ladies
Garden Fork.
It has been mended a number of times, but now needs a new one. Thanks in
advance. Ann

I haven't needed to look recently, but I have seen them in Homebase and
B&Q in the not-too-distant past. Having said that, I can't say for sure
that they were D handles.

--
Spider
from high ground in SE London
Old 24-02-2012, 01:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Feb 23, 1:48*pm, Ann Lancing wrote:
Can anyone recommend where I could buy a replacement handle for a ladies
Garden Fork.
It has been mended a number of times, but now needs a new one. *Thanks in
advance. Ann

Just got one from Amazon for a full-size fork. About 6 quid I think.

It came in a box 10x40x60 cm.

Old 25-02-2012, 12:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Spider" wrote in message
On 23/02/2012 13:48, Ann Lancing wrote:

Can anyone recommend where I could buy a replacement handle for a ladies
Garden Fork.
It has been mended a number of times, but now needs a new one. Thanks in
advance. Ann

I haven't needed to look recently, but I have seen them in Homebase and
B&Q in the not-too-distant past. Having said that, I can't say for sure
that they were D handles.

--
Spider
from high ground in SE London
gardening on clay

As Baz says - try "The Range". I bought a border fork ( is that what you
call a lady's fork?) and it is excellent and not expensive.

Bill

Old 25-02-2012, 03:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales

try "The Range". *I bought a border fork ( is that what you
call a lady's fork?) and it is excellent and not expensive.

Bill- Hide quoted text -

Shop around.
I had to get border fork and spade for lifting the dahlias through the
ground cover fabric.
Went to Wyevale and they had an offer on buy 1 and get 1 free so the
pair were around £16.00, but that was before Xmas.