GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Where have all the foxes gone? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/202399-where-have-all-foxes-gone.html)

Doug[_5_] 24-02-2012 07:18 AM

Where have all the foxes gone?

There have been no foxes in my London garden for the past month.
Usually I get regular visits almost every night and sometimes during
the day too. Is it something to do with their mating habits, the
weather or what?

Doug.

[email protected] 24-02-2012 08:46 AM

Where have all the foxes gone?

On Thu, 23 Feb 2012 23:18:36 -0800 (PST), Doug
wrote:

There have been no foxes in my London garden for the past month.
Usually I get regular visits almost every night and sometimes during
the day too. Is it something to do with their mating habits, the
weather or what?

Doug.

Still got them here, cr*pping all over. The vixens will be birthing
around now and will be off the streets.

JonH

mogga 24-02-2012 08:50 AM

wrote:

There have been no foxes in my London garden for the past month.
Usually I get regular visits almost every night and sometimes during
the day too. Is it something to do with their mating habits, the
weather or what?

Doug.

There were big footprints in the snow on the allotment indicating they
were about but no actual sightings.
--
http://www.voucherfreebies.co.uk

Baz[_4_] 24-02-2012 10:46 AM

Where have all the foxes gone?

Doug wrote in news:d756f0e5-5823-47a0-bf72-
:

There have been no foxes in my London garden for the past month.
Usually I get regular visits almost every night and sometimes during
the day too. Is it something to do with their mating habits, the
weather or what?

Doug.

About a month ago I was in Thornton Heath railway station (near Croyden)
and saw one running on the track area. It was carrying a rat or maybe a
bird, too fast to see properly. Only the second time in my life I saw a
fox. The employee on the station said that they often see them scavenging
on dead pigeons and rats. Or even KFC type of food in bags. Anything.

Baz

Spider[_3_] 24-02-2012 12:05 PM

On 24/02/2012 07:18, Doug wrote:
There have been no foxes in my London garden for the past month.
Usually I get regular visits almost every night and sometimes during
the day too. Is it something to do with their mating habits, the
weather or what?

Doug.

We certainly have foxes hereabouts. Heard them and seen them.

--
Spider
from high ground in SE London

Doug[_5_] 25-02-2012 11:35 AM

On Feb 24, 12:05*pm, Spider wrote:
On 24/02/2012 07:18, Doug wrote:

There have been no foxes in my London garden for the past month.
Usually I get regular visits almost every night and sometimes during
the day too. Is it something to do with their mating habits, the
weather or what?

Doug.

We certainly have foxes hereabouts. *Heard them and seen them.

It might be that my electric fence is a better deterrent than I
expected. I also have a proximity light at ground level which seems to
startle them.

Anyway, we shall see when the cubs arrive.

Doug.