GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   sorry one more id please (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/202526-sorry-one-more-id-please.html)

moet32 06-03-2012 06:25 PM

sorry one more id please

1 Attachment(s)
one more for id please

arry the plant 06-03-2012 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moet32 (Post 952781)
one more for id please

Im no expert but Ive studied the photo and consulted various books. Others may disagree but I reckon its some sort of plant.

Derek[_8_] 07-03-2012 07:21 AM

id needed please

On 2012-03-06 22:30:24 +0000, Chris Hogg said:

On Tue, 6 Mar 2012 18:23:02 +0000, moet32
wrote:

plants for identification please

|Filename: 567.jpg |
|Download: http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=14774|
|Filename: 345.jpg |
|Download: http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=14775|

Not sure about the first, possibly Cotoneaster horizontalis, but the
second looks like Olearia macrodonta. Does it have clusters of white
daisy-like flowers in early summer?

I agree with you, Chris, that is certainly Cotoneaster. Olearia was my
first thought, but looking at the bark made me consider Mahonia
aquifilium - if it has yellow (and scented) flowers, that would
indicate Mahonia.
Derek

Stewart Robert Hinsley 07-03-2012 10:39 AM

id needed please

In message , kay
writes

moet32;952780 Wrote:
plants for identification please

The first one could be Lonicera nitida, and the second, Olearia.

I was thinking Lonicera pileata, rather than Lonicera nitida.

--
Stewart Robert Hinsley

Dave Hill 07-03-2012 02:57 PM

id needed please

On Mar 7, 10:39*am, Stewart Robert Hinsley
wrote:
In message , kay
writes

moet32;952780 Wrote:
plants for identification please

The first one could be Lonicera nitida, and the second, Olearia.

I was thinking Lonicera pileata, rather than Lonicera nitida.

--
Stewart Robert Hinsley

The first
Lonicera natidia silver beauty
The second
Poss Olearia ilicifolia going by the leaf length
David @ the wet end of Swansea Bay

Janet Tweedy[_2_] 08-03-2012 06:09 PM

id needed please

In article , lid
writes
On 2012-03-06 22:30:24 +0000, Chris Hogg said:

I agree with you, Chris, that is certainly Cotoneaster. Olearia was my
first thought, but looking at the bark made me consider Mahonia
aquifilium - if it has yellow (and scented) flowers, that would
indicate Mahonia.
Derek

No it's Osmanthus heterophylla, very nice plant and slow growing and
evergreen. I have the variegated form
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph