GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   re; Watering Device (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/202623-re%3B-watering-device.html)

Ann Lancing 14-03-2012 02:21 PM

re; Watering Device

Sorry I did not make it clear. It is a soil based g/house with some slatted
staging.
It is too early to put geraniums out in the garden, but they need to be watered
if the sun comes ou

It would be March/April time.

Ann

Martin Brown 14-03-2012 02:45 PM

re; Watering Device

On 14/03/2012 14:21, Ann Lancing wrote:

Sorry I did not make it clear. It is a soil based g/house with some
slatted staging.
It is too early to put geraniums out in the garden, but they need to be
watered if the sun comes ou

It would be March/April time.

How long for?

Geraniums (I presume you mean thick stemmed pelargoniums here) are
pretty drought tolerant and so you should be able to get away with
dousing them just before you go and trusting to luck for a couple of
weeks. The worst that will happen is that they lose a few leaves.

Overwatering will surely kill them but dryness won't.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown

Dave Hill 14-03-2012 05:50 PM

re; Watering Device

On Mar 14, 2:45*pm, Martin Brown
wrote:
On 14/03/2012 14:21, Ann Lancing wrote:

Sorry I did not make it clear. It is a soil based g/house with some
slatted staging.
It is too early to put geraniums out in the garden, but they need to be
watered if the sun comes ou

It would be March/April time.

How long for?

Geraniums (I presume you mean thick stemmed pelargoniums here) are
pretty drought tolerant and so you should be able to get away with
dousing them just before you go and trusting to luck for a couple of
weeks. The worst that will happen is that they lose a few leaves.

Overwatering will surely kill them but dryness won't.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown

Also leave a little air on the house, open the vents a crack to
prevent over heating if it gets sunny.