GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Want your allootment on TV? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/202657-want-your-allootment-tv.html)

shazzbat 15-03-2012 10:39 PM

Want your allootment on TV?

According to Garden news this week, a BBC1 documentary about allotments is
to be filmed starting this month and through summer, and they're looking for
allotmenteers to take part.

If you're interested, the contact is

Steve

Bob Hobden[_3_] 16-03-2012 04:55 PM

Want your allootment on TV?

"shazzbat" wrote ...

According to Garden news this week, a BBC1 documentary about allotments is
to be filmed starting this month and through summer, and they're looking
for allotmenteers to take part.

If you're interested, the contact is

I'd rather keep ours a bit secret, hidden behind a tall growth of bramble so
not that many people notice it.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

shazzbat 17-03-2012 09:35 AM

Want your allootment on TV?

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message
"shazzbat" wrote ...

According to Garden news this week, a BBC1 documentary about allotments is
to be filmed starting this month and through summer, and they're looking
for allotmenteers to take part.

If you're interested, the contact is

I'd rather keep ours a bit secret, hidden behind a tall growth of bramble
so not that many people notice it.

I'd like to be able to do that. The (ungated) entrance to our allotments[1]
is on a main road next to a roundabout. Anyone can just drive in. We have
had surprisingly few instances of major theft/damage, but the site is
popular with people walking their dogs, very few of whom seem to scoop up
after them.

I won't be applying to be on the programme though. All such telly programmes
seem to me to be far too interested in making the presenters seem clever,
and the participants are just there on sufferance.

Steve

[1] I just noticed my typo in the header.