GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Red double camellia needed (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/202754-red-double-camellia-needed.html)

Bob Hobden 22-03-2012 05:31 PM

Red double camellia needed

Anyone any suggestions as to a good camellia nursery and a good double
flowered red one. The nursery I used to use, Stonehurst, is no longer there.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Rod[_5_] 22-03-2012 06:11 PM

Red double camellia needed

On Thursday, 22 March 2012 17:31:17 UTC, Bob Hobden wrote:
Anyone any suggestions as to a good camellia nursery and a good double
flowered red one. The nursery I used to use, Stonehurst, is no longer there.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden
Posting to this Newsgroup
from the W.of London. UK

Sacha's pointed you to Trehane, that's where I bought all of the Camellias for the camellia walk I made when I was working. ISTR we had one called Bob Hope which if it's the one I remember should fit the bill.

Rod

Jeff Layman[_2_] 22-03-2012 06:50 PM

Red double camellia needed

On 22/03/2012 17:31, Bob Hobden wrote:
Anyone any suggestions as to a good camellia nursery and a good double
flowered red one. The nursery I used to use, Stonehurst, is no longer there.

You might find something he
http://www.rhododendrons.com/camelli...t/camellia-all

It's the nursery attached to Leonardslee. Although Leonardslee itself
is no longer open, the nursery is.

--

Jeff

Bob Hobden 23-03-2012 04:46 PM

Red double camellia needed

"Rod" wrote ...

Bob Hobden wrote:
Anyone any suggestions as to a good camellia nursery and a good double
flowered red one. The nursery I used to use, Stonehurst, is no longer
there.

Sacha's pointed you to Trehane, that's where I bought all of the Camellias
for the camellia walk I made when I was working. ISTR we had one called Bob
Hope which if it's the one I remember should fit the bill.

Thanks everyone, three good mail order nurseries with decent selections,
thanks.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.