GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Frost Alarm (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/202816-frost-alarm.html)

Steve Harris[_2_] 27-03-2012 03:40 PM

Frost Alarm

There are a lot of weather sites and gadgets around on the Net but none
of them seemed do what this gardener wanted. Specifically, I'm always
pushing the envelope with tender plants so I need advance warning of
frosts.

So, I've knocked up some *freeware* ...

* Checks the current temperature and a two day forecast
* Uses the Yahoo weather and location APIs
* Covers the world including the UK in detail
* Can be set to pop up when cold is happening or forecast

I call it a "Weather Alarm" just in case I decide to upgrade it to do
more than just frost. For more info and download, see:

http://www.netservs.com/wa/

Steve Harris - Cheltenham - To get my real address, remove one fruit

Derek Turner 28-03-2012 11:13 AM

Frost Alarm

On Tue, 27 Mar 2012 15:40:00 +0100, Steve Harris wrote:

I call it a "Weather Alarm" just in case I decide to upgrade it to do
more than just frost. For more info and download, see:

http://www.netservs.com/wa/

Steve Harris - Cheltenham - To get my real address, remove one fruit

Let me know when you port it a secure, stable operating system.