GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Holly Hedge Problem. (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/202838-holly-hedge-problem.html)

JBD 29-03-2012 07:31 AM

Holly Hedge Problem.

The leaves of above are being eaten by unknown,
The leaves have semi circular bite marks around the edges, very similar to
the way caterpillars eat. although only on the lower half of the hedge.
I have examined the leaves no sign of eggs,insects,larva.
Help.

Bob Hobden 29-03-2012 03:30 PM

Holly Hedge Problem.

"JBD" wrote

The leaves of above are being eaten by unknown,
The leaves have semi circular bite marks around the edges, very
similar to
the way caterpillars eat. although only on the lower half of the hedge.
I have examined the leaves no sign of eggs,insects,larva.
Help.

Bit early for Vine Weavil but that is what it sounds like. Go out after dark
with a torch and see if you can see dark brown "beetles" chomping away.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

Jeff Layman[_2_] 29-03-2012 06:47 PM

Holly Hedge Problem.

On 29/03/2012 07:31, JBD wrote:
The leaves of above are being eaten by unknown,
The leaves have semi circular bite marks around the edges, very
similar to
the way caterpillars eat. although only on the lower half of the hedge.
I have examined the leaves no sign of eggs,insects,larva.
Help.

Leafcutter bees?

--

Jeff