GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   ID & Info About Mystery Tree! (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/203033-id-info-about-mystery-tree.html)

neptune1380 10-04-2012 09:08 PM

ID & Info About Mystery Tree!

4 Attachment(s)
Hi, I'm new here, I would be greatful if someone knew the ID of this tree. My late mother bought it about five years ago and it's been growing in a half barrel ever since. Now I've finally bought my house I'd like to plant it, but I know nothing about it.

How big does it grow? When is the best time to plant it in the ground? & how to do it?

Thanks in advance...

Dave Hill 10-04-2012 10:47 PM

ID & Info About Mystery Tree!

On Apr 10, 9:08*pm, neptune1380
wrote:
Hi, I'm new here, I would be greatful if someone knew the ID of this
tree. My late mother bought it about five years ago and it's been
growing in a half barrel ever since. Now I've finally bought my house
I'd like to plant it, but I know nothing about it.

How big does it grow? When is the best time to plant it in the ground? &
how to do it?

Thanks in advance...

|Filename: 2012-04-08 12.03.05.jpg * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *|
|Download:http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=14891|
|Filename: 2012-04-08 12.03.31.jpg * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *|
|Download:http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=14892|
|Filename: 2012-04-08 12.03.49.jpg * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *|
|Download:http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=14893|
|Filename: 2012-04-08 12.02.51.jpg * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *|
|Download:http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=14894|

neptune1380

A nice young cherry tree
Best time to plant is in the Autumn and start by diging a hole

Bob Hobden 10-04-2012 10:56 PM

ID & Info About Mystery Tree!

"neptune1380" wrote

Hi, I'm new here, I would be greatful if someone knew the ID of this
tree. My late mother bought it about five years ago and it's been
growing in a half barrel ever since. Now I've finally bought my house
I'd like to plant it, but I know nothing about it.

How big does it grow? When is the best time to plant it in the ground? &
how to do it?

Thanks in advance...

|Filename: 2012-04-08 12.03.05.jpg |
|Download: http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=14891|
|Filename: 2012-04-08 12.03.31.jpg |
|Download: http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=14892|
|Filename: 2012-04-08 12.03.49.jpg |
|Download: http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=14893|
|Filename: 2012-04-08 12.02.51.jpg |
|Download: http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=14894|

It's a (Flowering) Cherry (Prunus) but which one and on which rootstock?
Most flowering cherries do not grow too big and the best time to plant is 3
months ago but as it's in a pot any time is OK but keep it watered well.

--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

Janet Tweedy[_2_] 12-04-2012 09:01 PM

ID & Info About Mystery Tree!

In article , Bob Hobden
writes
It's a (Flowering) Cherry (Prunus) but which one and on which
rootstock?
Most flowering cherries do not grow too big and the best time to plant
is 3 months ago but as it's in a pot any time is OK but keep it watered
well.

Eh? Not too big! Good grief ours was a wild cherry tree and it was huge!
Eventually had to take it down as it got old and was very close to front
o and was dying bit by bit , though admittedly after probably 70 years
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph

kay 13-04-2012 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Hobden (Post 955651)
Most flowering cherries do not grow too big and the best time to plant is 3
months ago but as it's in a pot any time is OK but keep it watered well.

Our big two-person hammock is strung between two flowering cherries.