GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Kevin Hughes Plants again (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/203213-kevin-hughes-plants-again.html)

Dave Hill 22-04-2012 11:11 AM

Kevin Hughes Plants again

Well we managed to find Kevin Hughes Plants, despite not geting a
reply to either phone call or email, he says that they don't get
passed on from the house,
Avery small area of plants for sale but some very choice items.
The wife wanted trilliums and came away with 8 different ones, at a
cost of around £65 but they are between 5 and 9 years old and you do
have to pay for the years of growing.
Now I have to look after the things and take the blame if anythinhg
happens to them, (and you can't even take cuttings as you can from
Dahlias).
I'd like to see what he could do with a larger plot, he certainly
knows his plants.
David @ the damp end of Swansea Bay

Rod[_5_] 23-04-2012 06:12 PM

Kevin Hughes Plants again

On Sunday, 22 April 2012 11:11:52 UTC+1, Dave Hill wrote:
Well we managed to find Kevin Hughes Plants, despite not geting a
reply to either phone call or email, he says that they don't get
passed on from the house,
Avery small area of plants for sale but some very choice items.
The wife wanted trilliums and came away with 8 different ones, at a
cost of around £65 but they are between 5 and 9 years old and you do
have to pay for the years of growing.
Now I have to look after the things and take the blame if anythinhg
happens to them, (and you can't even take cuttings as you can from
Dahlias).
I'd like to see what he could do with a larger plot, he certainly
knows his plants.
David @ the damp end of Swansea Bay

I like the sound of that - I'm a sucker for woodlanders like Trilliums, erythroniums etc.

Rod