GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Rocket (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/203222-rocket.html)

Christina Websell 22-04-2012 08:35 PM

Rocket

I never did any good with rocket here in my garden which is a bit shady, in
fact the last lot didn't come up at all although I sowed it in the sunniest
place available.
I planted some with trepidation (thinking it was difficult) on my new
allotment just over a week ago and it's up already!

Maybe it just doesn't like any shade at all. It won't get any.

Bob Hobden 22-04-2012 10:40 PM

Rocket

"Christina Websell" wrote...

I never did any good with rocket here in my garden which is a bit shady, in
fact the last lot didn't come up at all although I sowed it in the sunniest
place available.
I planted some with trepidation (thinking it was difficult) on my new
allotment just over a week ago and it's up already!

Maybe it just doesn't like any shade at all. It won't get any.

When we have planted it there has been good germination, then it's gone. I
assume slugs.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

Janet 23-04-2012 10:31 AM

Rocket

In article ,
says...

I never did any good with rocket here in my garden which is a bit shady, in
fact the last lot didn't come up at all although I sowed it in the sunniest
place available.
I planted some with trepidation (thinking it was difficult) on my new
allotment just over a week ago and it's up already!

Maybe it just doesn't like any shade at all. It won't get any.

Tip forwarded to Kim Jong-un in North Korea

Janet

Christina Websell 23-04-2012 05:44 PM

Rocket

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message
"Christina Websell" wrote...

I never did any good with rocket here in my garden which is a bit shady,
in fact the last lot didn't come up at all although I sowed it in the
sunniest place available.
I planted some with trepidation (thinking it was difficult) on my new
allotment just over a week ago and it's up already!

Maybe it just doesn't like any shade at all. It won't get any.

When we have planted it there has been good germination, then it's gone.
I assume slugs.
--

Don't know what the slug situation down there is, yet.
Maybe there are some left in the soil - but after the digger had a big skim,