Old 22-04-2012, 08:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Rocket

I never did any good with rocket here in my garden which is a bit shady, in
fact the last lot didn't come up at all although I sowed it in the sunniest
place available.
I planted some with trepidation (thinking it was difficult) on my new
allotment just over a week ago and it's up already!

Maybe it just doesn't like any shade at all. It won't get any.

Old 22-04-2012, 10:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Christina Websell" wrote...

I never did any good with rocket here in my garden which is a bit shady, in
fact the last lot didn't come up at all although I sowed it in the sunniest
place available.
I planted some with trepidation (thinking it was difficult) on my new
allotment just over a week ago and it's up already!

Maybe it just doesn't like any shade at all. It won't get any.

When we have planted it there has been good germination, then it's gone. I
assume slugs.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

Old 23-04-2012, 05:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message
"Christina Websell" wrote...

I never did any good with rocket here in my garden which is a bit shady,
in fact the last lot didn't come up at all although I sowed it in the
sunniest place available.
I planted some with trepidation (thinking it was difficult) on my new
allotment just over a week ago and it's up already!

Maybe it just doesn't like any shade at all. It won't get any.

When we have planted it there has been good germination, then it's gone.
I assume slugs.
--

Don't know what the slug situation down there is, yet.
Maybe there are some left in the soil - but after the digger had a big skim,