GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Watering cuttings (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/203394-watering-cuttings.html)

ForeverArsenal[_2_] 03-05-2012 03:44 PM

Watering cuttings

Hi.
Could someone please advise about the following.

Have just taken 10 soft Fuschia cuttings,don't know the name
but have big double cream and red heads.

I have done cutting as instructed and dipped 10mm or so of
rooting compound called strike.
Compost not dry or damp.

What I want to know is should I water cuttings in with a little water
straight away or wait.
Thanks.
Baz.
--
The more people I meet.
The more I love my dog.

Paul Luton[_2_] 03-05-2012 04:18 PM

Watering cuttings

On 03/05/2012 15:44, ForeverArsenal wrote:
Hi.
Could someone please advise about the following.

Have just taken 10 soft Fuschia cuttings,don't know the name
but have big double cream and red heads.

I have done cutting as instructed and dipped 10mm or so of
rooting compound called strike.
Compost not dry or damp.

What I want to know is should I water cuttings in with a little water
straight away or wait.
Thanks.
Baz.

I would always water straight away to firm the compost round the
cuttings. Covered over they will then probably not need watering again.
Paul

ForeverArsenal[_2_] 04-05-2012 05:41 PM

Watering cuttings

"Paul Luton" wrote in message
. uk...
On 03/05/2012 15:44, ForeverArsenal wrote:
What I want to know is should I water cuttings in with a little water
Baz.

I would always water straight away to firm the compost round the cuttings.
Covered over they will then probably not need watering again.
Paul

Hi Paul.
Many thanks for your help.
Have given them a little drink and have fingers crossed.
Don't seem to have much luck with cuttings.
Baz

ForeverArsenal[_2_] 04-05-2012 05:59 PM

Watering cuttings

"Martin" wrote in message
On Fri, 4 May 2012 17:41:59 +0100, "ForeverArsenal"
wrote:

"Paul Luton" wrote in message
t.uk...
On 03/05/2012 15:44, ForeverArsenal wrote:
What I want to know is should I water cuttings in with a little water
Baz.

I would always water straight away to firm the compost round the
cuttings.
Covered over they will then probably not need watering again.
Paul

Hi Paul.
Many thanks for your help.
Have given them a little drink and have fingers crossed.
Don't seem to have much luck with cuttings.

Nor with The Environment Agency :-)
--

Martin

??? Explain.