GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   red-flowered cherry (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/203453-red-flowered-cherry.html)

Stewart Robert Hinsley 07-05-2012 11:28 AM

red-flowered cherry

Currently flowering, a small tree with red leaves, red flowers,
developing a fissured bark reminiscent of hawthorn. Ring any bells?
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley

Janet 07-05-2012 12:42 PM

red-flowered cherry

In article ,
says...

Currently flowering, a small tree with red leaves, red flowers,
developing a fissured bark reminiscent of hawthorn. Ring any bells?

I've got a redleaf red flowered red berried crab, malus floribunda
Rudolf, very pretty atm. No sign of fissured bark yet but it's very young.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGew4dBum_k
Janet

Stewart Robert Hinsley 07-05-2012 01:52 PM

red-flowered cherry

In message ,
Janet writes
In article ,
says...

Currently flowering, a small tree with red leaves, red flowers,
developing a fissured bark reminiscent of hawthorn. Ring any bells?

I've got a redleaf red flowered red berried crab, malus floribunda
Rudolf, very pretty atm. No sign of fissured bark yet but it's very young.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGew4dBum_k
Janet

Now you mention them, I find that there are quite a few varieties of red
crabs (e.g. Profusion, Royal Beauty, Royalty, Rudolph, Scarlett). What
I've seen (at two places) is probably one (or two) of them, but
identifying which one is probably beyond me. (When I upload the photos
from the camera I can probably confirm that they're Malus.)

Thanks.
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley

Jeff Layman[_2_] 08-05-2012 01:25 PM

red-flowered cherry

On 07/05/2012 18:09, Sacha wrote:

My mother has a Malus Profusion, but she can never remember the name
and always calls it Malus Abundance!

You want to worry when it becomes Malus Aforethought!! ;-)

Oh, dear.! Banished to the potting shed for the rest of the afternoon...

--

Jeff